By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo pump out 1 Wii U exclusive per month in 2014 ?

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
How the hell does this game keep getting delayed? Wasnt it originally a launch window game?

Yes it was! xD
Though the digital version has been released already. But yeah, these delays have to stop right NOW!!! They really can't afford to push back anymore games as 2014 is basically make or break time for Wii U. All those titles I listed need to happen even if they have to pull devs from other teams, namely 3DS ones as that system can afford a few delays.

It makes sense if they want to bundle it in the new year as a lose weight scheme. 

Around the Network

I can see maybe Wii U Play coming and that free game they were on about a while ago

Not a chance. Nintendo will most likely release all those titles between september and december.

If not new games, I wouldn't mind some more HD classic remakes.

I hope the Wii U gets games like Fallout 4, Minecraft, Bioshock, Grand theft Auto 5, and many more.  The Nintendo Wii U is getting a lot of attention lately with new game being released.  I have Call of Duty: Ghost for Wii U as well as many more.  

Around the Network

Wii Shoot was actually listed on one of Nintendo's financial reports, which is the Wii U Zapper game that was shown when the system was unveiled ages ago, lol. It's probably be changed into a different game by now, maybe like Link's Crossbow Training or Metroid Shooting or something, but I think we'll see the Wii U Zapper + game bundled next year too.

Jan - Wii Fit U (retail)
Feb - DKC: Tropical Freeze
March - Nada
April - Mario Kart 8; price cut hardware + free Wii Sports Club (tennis and bowling)
May - Wii U Shoot w/Zapper?
June - Yarn Yoshi
July - Bayonetta 2
August - Super Smash Brothers U
September - X
October - New EAD IP
November - Pokken Fighters w/NFC toys, Mario Party U
December - Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Are my guesses. Perhaps Animal Crossing U for Japan in December if they really push it. I think Wii Sports Club will be released as a retail game at some point too. 

POE said:
Not a chance. Nintendo will most likely release all those titles between september and december.

lol wanna bet on that?

I wouldn't expect Zelda U for next year, more likely in 2015.
But I think the answer would be 'yes', if you include the smaller titles. Overall looks like an excellent lineup in terms of 1st party software. Lets hope that 3rd parties gives atleast a little help .. atleast some EA sports games and multiplats

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

ha, i was just being sarcastic. I HOPE they launch one game per month and this is what i think is the best way of action:

January: Nothing (Christmas games should have enough legs)
February: DK:TF
March: Nothing
April: Mario Kart 8
May: Yarn Yoshi
June: Bayonetta 2
July: X
August: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
September: Nothing
October: "A Surprise"
November: Smash 4
December: "A Big Surprise"

Nintendo has been really struggling to get any software out on Wii U in the last year. Very different from the Wii where there were new games all the time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.