By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo pump out 1 Wii U exclusive per month in 2014 ?

I think it's more important that the games be of extremely high quality than necessarily throwing out 1 game per month.

At this point the ship may have sailed on the Wii U being a huge success, what Nintendo need to focus on is ensuring that the reputation of their big IPs is not damaged this generation and the best way to do that is to make sure they are 90+ Metacritic level games.

Mario 3D World is a good start, make sure DKC: Tropical Freeze is also a top notch game and don't release it until it is.

Mario Kart 8 should have had enough time in the oven by April to be great, so I'm not worried about that.

X and Bayonetta are likely not going to sell great numbers, but they can at least signal to core gamers that you can still make an incredibly high quality experience in these genres, let Monolith and Platinum have all the time they want ... at this point, having these games 2-3 months earlier is not going to make a difference. I would instruct these teams to make sure these games are among the best in their respective genres, if not THE best.

Let these be games that earn you some points with critics and core gamers.

Ditto for Smash Brothers ... if you can have it finished by June/July fine, but if it needs to be moved back as far as November -- so be it.

I would also steadfastly say no to rushing Zelda for the purpose of making next holiday. The next 3D Zelda needs to be the best 3D Zelda game Nintendo's ever made, otherwise IMO some of the luster of the franchise is going to be start to come off. 

Around the Network

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Dv8thwonder said:

Um, wrong thread?

Hopefully yes!

Thread update with Hyrule Warriors and the mystery 3rd Party exclusive.

My prediction is looking closer and closer to reality.

Around the Network

1 game every 2 months sounds more realistic IMO.