By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon suppresses PS4 sales; DOA systems may be at fault

RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:
Good thread. With these evidences I'm afraid of the future of PS4

Why? America's track record for the last three generations of home consoles has been that they favor things that break. PS1, PS2, 360.

So unless Microsoft manages to ship Xbox Ones that explode and set houses on fire, you can pop the champagne.

Would that not be most of the world.  The PS1 and 2 sold worldwide pretty good with the issues they had.  The 360 issue did not happen at launch and really only happen after about a year I believe.

Anyway, these issues really sound like build issues and not a defect like the 360 and PS3 had in their early years.  Build issues can be easily cleaned up.

Around the Network

The damage control tho lol

Some of them are trolling but there are damn horror stories on thr gaf thread....it seems people who bought from amazon are the one getting hit with the brunt of these faulty PS4's

TheSting said:

More like "the fud tho lol"

Machiavellian said:
RolStoppable said:
ethomaz said:
Good thread. With these evidences I'm afraid of the future of PS4

Why? America's track record for the last three generations of home consoles has been that they favor things that break. PS1, PS2, 360.

So unless Microsoft manages to ship Xbox Ones that explode and set houses on fire, you can pop the champagne.

Would that not be most of the world.  The PS1 and 2 sold worldwide pretty good with the issues they had.  The 360 issue did not happen at launch and really only happen after about a year I believe.

Anyway, these issues really sound like build issues and not a defect like the 360 and PS3 had in their early years.  Build issues can be easily cleaned up.

The 360 issues were day 1 and ongoing for almost 3 years.  I worked at retail durring that time and saw firsthand how bad it was. 

Around the Network

Xbox people can say there ps4 broke and they don't even have a ps4

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Max King of the Wild said:
TheSting said:

More like "the fud tho lol"

Who ya quoting? Don't know about the fud but the damage control is quite laughable. 

TheSting said:

Who ya quoting? Don't know about the fud but the damage control is quite laughable. 

This thread is fud. The other thread is fud. A handful of people have problems and review the product. A handful of trolls taking an oppertunity to troll and you have people claiming a 40% fail rate. Seriously, pointing out facts isnt damage control but over blowing a situation is fud

RolStoppable said:
At first I thought this was a joke thread because of the "Sony halted production" part, but then I read it again and it is according to Amazon customer support.

The most interesting bit is the observation of ebay selling prices.

Are you SURE you didn't start this rumor to drive up the cost of the PS4, so you could sell your 2nd one at asuch a profit you would never have to work again? ever?

You might have gotten away with it too if you weren't for those meddeling Amazon Verified reviews.

PS I feel bad for everyone who's console doesn't work.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Max King of the Wild said:
TheSting said:

This thread is fud. The other thread is fud. A handful of people have problems and review the product. A handful of trolls taking an oppertunity to troll and you have people claiming a 40% fail rate. Seriously, pointing out facts isnt damage control but over blowing a situation is fud

I'm not so sure people are claiming 40% failure rates.  At least I haven't seen people on this site saying that.  The tuth is nobody knows the extent of the failures including you.  All we can do right now is wait and hope that it isn't high. It very well could be blown out of proportion as many things are on forums but we don't know. The title of the other thread may have been fud but this thread is actually posting news on the ongoing situation.