By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

No, 50m minimum. BELIEVE!

Around the Network

Your silly predictions are just getting boring now. You know it won't come close to 50m.

MDMAlliance said:
Ouroboros24 said:
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

Are you kidding me? 3DS going to sell way over 5mil more this year, Do you think 3DS is going to bomb?  3DS is most likely going to outsell X1+PS4 combine this holiday!!!

3DS is selling 400k a week for the first two weeks of holiday, lets say they keep 400k a week, every week intill years end... thats 3.2mil right there cuz its 8 weeks remaining. Do you honestly see 3DS not getting a boost at all???? REALLY???

Whoa, slow your roll little lady, I don't mean to affend nobody.  This ain't nothin' to get your panties tied to a knot about.  I'm all amout the 3ds, got it at launch.  I'm just looking at last year and this year.  It's going to do awesome, but i'm not going so far as what it did last year. There have been awesome games, but I don't think it'll be overtly strong.  Sure, it can reach up to 6 even 7 mill, but I'm not going to state that.  There's no real evidence.  I'm playing it safe. 

November 2012:  Approximately 1.75mil

December 2012:  Approximately 4.35mil.

Sure, I made the comment without looking at the numbers first, but that was last year.  With the addition of PS4 and xbone this year round along with the Wii U with bumped up game library, a person's wallet would be stretched as it is.  Certainly, the 3ds/2ds family will do wonderful, but don't go blasting me on a fair eyeball assessment. 

Are people on this site just looking for a biggest dick contest or what?

I think you fail to realize that the market is split.  The people out buying PS4's and XB1's so close to launch are most likely not going to be the same people who are going to buy a 3DS over the holidays.  There will be some overlap, but not much.  As for the Wii U issue, I don't see how that changes the 3DS numbers.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Good job.

Seece said:
Your silly predictions are just getting boring now. You know it won't come close to 50m.

it'll hit 50mil for sure................ By Summer Time 2014

Seriously its impossible, that would put 3DS at 21.6mil for the year O.o

It'll have no less than 44mil but no higher than 48mil. It all depends on LoZ+2DS boost!

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
Seece said:

It'll have no less than 44mil but no higher than 48mil. It all depends on LoZ+2DS boost!

Didn't you predict over 20m for the year in january? ;o

Some games didn't move hardware as much as expected in some cases, so it isn't really all that surprising the change in mind for hte prediction.

Around the Network

I want to see a Week by Week prediction. Someone. Anyone.

Carl2291 said:

Well, it has to average 1.6m a week starting next week.

So he's expecting multiple 2m+ weeks.

Seriously the OP is just kidding and trying to fool people.

Carl2291 said:

It wont happen, anyway http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1

thats a comparisonm if it ties last year holiday then 3DS will be around 15mil, and we all kno it'll sell more this year :)

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
Seece said:

Didn't you predict over 20m for the year in january? ;o

Oh haha, its not lke i predicted it in the last couple of months and besides, i said i think it has a chance and conegamer made me do it :'-(

No regrets!!! (i think it has a chance of doing 18mil though!)

Ouroboros24 said:
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

Are you kidding me? 3DS going to sell way over 5mil more this year, Do you think 3DS is going to bomb?  3DS is most likely going to outsell X1+PS4 combine this holiday!!!

3DS is selling 400k a week for the first two weeks of holiday, lets say they keep 400k a week, every week intill years end... thats 3.2mil right there cuz its 8 weeks remaining. Do you honestly see 3DS not getting a boost at all???? REALLY???

Whoa, slow your roll little lady, I don't mean to affend nobody.  This ain't nothin' to get your panties tied to a knot about.  I'm all amout the 3ds, got it at launch.  I'm just looking at last year and this year.  It's going to do awesome, but i'm not going so far as what it did last year. There have been awesome games, but I don't think it'll be overtly strong.  Sure, it can reach up to 6 even 7 mill, but I'm not going to state that.  There's no real evidence.  I'm playing it safe. 

November 2012:  Approximately 1.75mil

December 2012:  Approximately 4.35mil.

Sure, I made the comment without looking at the numbers first, but that was last year.  With the addition of PS4 and xbone this year round along with the Wii U with bumped up game library, a person's wallet would be stretched as it is.  Certainly, the 3ds/2ds family will do wonderful, but don't go blasting me on a fair eyeball assessment. 

Are people on this site just looking for a biggest dick contest or what?

The handheld and console markets do not interact in the way that you've suggested.  If you look at the DS sales pattern, neither the release of the XBox 360 in 2005 nor the release of the PS3/Wii in 2006 had a negative impact on DS sales.  Instead, we saw DS sales rise as a result of a few factors.  New models, price cuts, and software. 

We can expect a similar thing to happen with the 3DS.  The 3DS sold about 6 million units last november and december (most of those November sales coming after the halfway points) and the 3DS has a far stronger lineup than it did last year.  Pokemon just came out, and Mario Party and Zelda will release right before black friday.  That's not to mention the lingering effects of games like Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing. 

The software lineup combined with the new cheaper SKU makes a nearly 50% YOY drop as you suggested (if Nintendo is lucky as you added) initially really really out there.  It may have just been an uninformed post, but it is not a fair eyeball assessment.  The prediction is so low that people understandably confused it with trolling.  Maybe the reaction was a bit overblown, but when you predict disastrous sales (and 3 million units, with luck, over the holidays would have dire consequences for Nintendo), and then go on to attribute this disaster to other manufcaturer's consoles... yeah, that's going to come off as trolling.