By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

The only way I could see this happening is with another substantial price drop. And we know that ain't gonna happen. I say 43 million sounds about right.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
phenom08 said:
Seece said:
phenom08 said:

Calling 15 million measly is exactly what this is about. All you are doing is giving me excuses lol. And 3+ year countdown? Ok bud, if 15 million is measly then 5 million is tiny.

Your whole argument makes no sense. One is going to be a failed prediction by 5m (it'll be 33% off what they actually ship in the Q) the second is a frigging countdown to overtaking the Wii.

You're just talking rubbish. This prediction is silly, the prediction of PS3 overtaking Wii in 3 years, is not. End of.

The prediction is silly and yet you are here? It isnt an countdown, it was people claiming 15 million is close. PS3 isnt gonna do it so end of. I think you need to find something better to do if its a failed prediction.

Yes I'm here like everybody else saying it won't happen.

It's silly to think PS3 won't overtake Wii.

No its not but I'm done here.

phenom08 said:
No its not but I'm done here.

Of course you are, you have no logical evidence to back up your argument :)

phenom08 said:
Seece said:
Your silly predictions are just getting boring now. You know it won't come close to 50m.

45 million is pretty close to 50 million dont you think? Its funny because according to many here PS3 is within striking distance of Wii.

Such a dumb comparison. 15m isn't a lot since the Wii almost stopped selling while the PS3 is still putting out decent numbers. Obviously the PS3 isn't a PS2 but it should still do decently for a few years after the PS4 launches. I don't think it can reach 100m but it's not a bad prediction. 45 and 50 are not close at all when they're predictions for less than 2 months of sales. It's like me predicting the PS4 selling 8m in the first year and it ending up selling 3. Not close at all.

Around the Network
Talal said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:
Your silly predictions are just getting boring now. You know it won't come close to 50m.

45 million is pretty close to 50 million dont you think? Its funny because according to many here PS3 is within striking distance of Wii.

Such a dumb comparison. 15m isn't a lot since the Wii almost stopped selling while the PS3 is still putting out decent numbers. Obviously the PS3 isn't a PS2 but it should still do decently for a few years after the PS4 launches. I don't think it can reach 100m but it's not a bad prediction. 45 and 50 are not close at all when they're predictions for less than 2 months of sales. It's like me predicting the PS4 selling 8m in the first year and it ending up selling 3. Not close at all.

Indeed. Someone doesn't have a grasp of time.

Dv8thwonder said:
I completely disagree with this prediction. 50M will be acheived in March 2014. No earlier than that. The best it will do this Holiday season will be 42M.

This doesn't really make sense.  If you expect the max it can do by the end of the year is another 5 million, how will it manage 8 million from Jan-Mar?  Jan-Mar 2013 saw 2.68m sales.  In comparison December 2012 alone was 4.34m.  Even the DS at its peak couldn't manage 8 million in the Jan-Mar quarter.

phenom08 said:
Seece said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:
phenom08 said:
Seece said:

Nobody thinks PS3 is within striking distance to Wii, they just think lifetime it'll overtake.

Lol nobody? Ok bud. I have seen plenty of post saying things like "just 15 million to go" or "measly 15 million more" but regardless dont you think within 5 million really isnt that far?

45m is not 50m.

Your comparison doesn't even make sense. What has people saying "15 mill to go" got to do with the difference between 45m and 50m. People are counting down to PS3 overtaking Wii, doesn't mean they think it's "in spitting distance" they know it'll take 3+ years.

Calling 15 million measly is exactly what this is about. All you are doing is giving me excuses lol. And 3+ year countdown? Ok bud, if 15 million is measly then 5 million is tiny.

You're the one who said "measly" to begin with, it's right here in the quote tree. If you want to construct strawmen, then at least have sense to build it somewhat out of plain sight. You just might be the worst debater in the entire world, certainly on this site. I notice you've gotten only worse over time, seems like the current situation is really getting to you. Don't worry, they're only numbers.

The sad part in all this is that for the first time in history I prefer a handheld over a home console.

Damn you Nintendo focus on the home console so I can play on a tv lol.

Yakuzaice said:
Dv8thwonder said:
I completely disagree with this prediction. 50M will be acheived in March 2014. No earlier than that. The best it will do this Holiday season will be 42M.

This doesn't really make sense.  If you expect the max it can do by the end of the year is another 5 million, how will it manage 8 million from Jan-Mar?  Jan-Mar 2013 saw 2.68m sales.  In comparison December 2012 alone was 4.34m.  Even the DS at its peak couldn't manage 8 million in the Jan-Mar quarter.

Walmart is selling the 2DS for $99 on Black Friday. That's how. I may be so inclined as to change my earlier estimates and allign them more along John Lucas'. 3DS/2DS will reach 50m by the end of January.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans