By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

Around the Network
NolSinkler said:
50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

50mil is impossible, but look at the numbers again. 43mil maximum? Its going to do over that. No less than 43mi lifetime and no ore than 48mil by years end

Minimum by years end: 43m
Maximum by years end: 48m
50m will most likely come before (or at the very latest, during) summer 2014.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:
50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

50mil is impossible, but look at the numbers again. 43mil maximum? Its going to do over that. No less than 43mi lifetime and no ore than 48mil by years end

How is 50 million possible? Going off of your thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1 it started the year at 29 million, correct? 21 million in 2013 would be CRAZY considering it did only 14.4 million in 2012.

JoeTheBro said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:
50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

How is 50 million possible? Going off of your thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1 it started the year at 29 million, correct? 21 million in 2013 would be CRAZY considering it did only 14.4 million in 2012.

It sounds  like your saying its possible!!!! This holiday it'll sell 8mil-10mil putting it at 45mil-47mil years end imo

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
JoeTheBro said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:
50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

It sounds  like your saying its possible!!!! This holiday it'll sell 8mil-10mil putting it at 45mil-47mil years end imo

45, that could happen. That's 16 million this year, 1.6 more than last. 47 even could be possible since it's 18 this year and 3.6 million more than last. No way is 50 happening. That'd be 6.6 million more, an increase of 46%. Your thread has a yoy increase of 43% for the first week and just 5% the second week. YOY increase up until the holidays has only been 8%. 50 million is not happening.

JoeTheBro said:
tbone51 said:
JoeTheBro said:
tbone51 said:
NolSinkler said:
50 million?
the eff is that?
No more than 43 million.

45, that could happen. That's 16 million this year, 1.6 more than last. 47 even could be possible since it's 18 this year and 3.6 million more than last. No way is 50 happening. That'd be 6.6 million more, an increase of 46%. Your thread has a yoy increase of 43% for the first week and just 5% the second week. YOY increase up until the holidays has only been 8%. 50 million is not happening.

Your forgetting AC released in japan that spike hardware like crazy 2 week intill 2013, this year each weekwill be alot higher, especially black friday week and LoZ will help out.  We'll see soon enough, im still hoping for 47mil lifetime, but i'll be happy with 45mil

Dv8thwonder said:

Walmart is selling the 2DS for $99 on Black Friday. That's how. I may be so inclined as to change my earlier estimates and allign them more along John Lucas'. 3DS/2DS will reach 50m by the end of January.

How does a Black Friday deal make your original prediction more plausible?  My contention wasn't that it couldn't hit 42 million by year's end.  It was with 8 million next quarter if you believed the max for the rest of the holiday season was only 5 million. 

If anything you seem to agree with me.  You went from "The best it will do this Holiday season will be 42M." to "3DS/2DS will reach 50m by the end of January."  If we assume ~1.5m for January, then your prediction went from 5 million or less the rest of this holiday season to 11.5 million

Absolutely impossible, alluring as it is.

To go above 50 million for the end of the year, sales would need to increase by more than 400% overnight and sell like that for the rest of the year.

Sales will increase drastically come Black Friday, but not THAT drastically.

Yakuzaice said:
Dv8thwonder said:

Walmart is selling the 2DS for $99 on Black Friday. That's how. I may be so inclined as to change my earlier estimates and allign them more along John Lucas'. 3DS/2DS will reach 50m by the end of January.

How does a Black Friday deal make your original prediction more plausible?  My contention wasn't that it couldn't hit 42 million by year's end.  It was with 8 million next quarter if you believed the max for the rest of the holiday season was only 5 million. 

If anything you seem to agree with me.  You went from "The best it will do this Holiday season will be 42M." to "3DS/2DS will reach 50m by the end of January."  If we assume ~1.5m for January, then your prediction went from 5 million or less the rest of this holiday season to 11.5 million

Take the U.S Holiday sales boost into consideration, then couple them with other regions including Japan and these predictions/estimates will seem lowballed by comparison.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans