By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

Seece said:
Pavolink said:
Clearly I won't be surprised as it didn't reach that impossible number.

Lol, can a mod please put fail in the title lol.

Gonna fall short like 7m+

I believe it was implicit considering the success of the Wii U-nity Revolution and its breaking-records sales.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
That was the plan though, they did it on purpose so that next years sales will be mega high.

Yeah, now let's delay all the Wii U games to 2015 to have even higher sales.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Can't wait for Lucas' next prediction. I'm sure he's going to predict the 3DS will sell 100m by the end of 2014.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Was this a prediction? It was more of a ceiling for the 3DS sales I think!

Anyway it's clearly not going to make it! Still this was a really good year for the 3DS!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

John Lucas, i demand that you post in this thread. admit you were incredibly wrong, and then proceed to eat crow for dinner! i demand it you young one!

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

Anyway it's clearly not going to make it! Still this was a really good year for the 3DS!

You defend Lucas too much. Lucas clearly predicted the 3DS would sell 50m by the end of 2013. Hell, he even said it could go above that. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Anfebious said:

You defend Lucas too much. Lucas clearly predicted the 3DS would sell 50m by the end of 2013. Hell, he even said it could go above that. 

...And he is clearly wrong! I'm not really defending him just clarifying what the thread meant.

Although upon further look of the OP  you are right, he did say it could go above as a distant possibility and well that's simply not true.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

another failed prediction. has he had even 1 correct prediction yet? ..not that i remember.

kitler53 said:
another failed prediction. has he had even 1 correct prediction yet? ..not that i remember.

The Wii predictions back in the day. But they ultimately failed as the system ran out of steam and failed to hit 240Million - 500Million.

He also made the PS3 would be discontinued in 2009 prediction back in the day, that was his first major failed prediction.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow its a good thing I dont have to worry about being surprised....... oh well it was worth a shot..