By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

Heh, I like how all this guy has to do is make a thread, not even post in it himself much at all, and boom 100s of post.

Around the Network

You really should have taken the out I gave you and said you meant fiscal year.  You'd likley still be wrong, but not so wildly wrong.

To hit 50 million the 3DS will need to average over the next seven weeks 28% more than it has ever sold in a week.  That would be 140% up YoY.  It didn't even manage that the week of Pokemon.  The most recent week was only up 5% YoY.  Considering Japan seems like it might be trending down compared to last year now that Animal Crossing has entered the comparison and it won't have the 2DS to potentially spur sales, that means the western sales will need to be up even more than 140%.

It will hit at least 42 million but not 50. 13 million in 7 weeks is surely impossible

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Einsam_Delphin said:
Heh, I like how all this guy has to do is make a thread, not even post in it himself much at all, and boom 100s of post.

Haven't you heard? johnlucas is a legend, I tell you! A living legend.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

1.8 million average per week until year's end? Come on, this is getting way out of hand. It sold a little over 7 million total for the entire Q4 last year, it would need 120-130% up yoy or more.
This is sheer and utter lunacy, even by JL standards!

Around the Network

Maybe if Nintendo drops the price to $20.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well, seems pretty far-fetched indeed, just like the Wii U prediction ^^
Let's see: last year 3DS was at about 9M sold units in 2012 by the end of the second week of Nov (Nov 10th)
This year it is at 9.3M sold units by the end of November - week 2 (Nov 9th)..
So it is already YoY up ...also in the recent weeks...about 400k vs. 200k (Nov 2 2013 vs. Nov 3 2013) and about 400k vs. 380k (Nov 9 2013 vs. Nov 10 2012)
We'll see how sales trajectory will evolve...
If you go by johnlucas, there must be an explosion (power of the year's line-up) just like it has to be so with the Wii U...
We should just continue to wait....isn't that long anymore until the essential results will come out ;)

pezus said:
F0X said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Haven't you heard? johnlucas is a legend, I tell you! A living legend.

For all the wrong reasons

Well, at least he's not lacking in charisma.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I completely disagree with this prediction. 50M will be acheived in March 2014. No earlier than that. The best it will do this Holiday season will be 42M.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Seece said:
Your silly predictions are just getting boring now. You know it won't come close to 50m.

45 million is pretty close to 50 million dont you think? Its funny because according to many here PS3 is within striking distance of Wii.