By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

archbrix said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

PS4/XB1 are not going to drastically effect 3DS sales.

It's currently selling 400,000 units a week and it's at 36.5m the week ending Nov 2.  Even if sales were to drop slightly in the next couple of weeks, they're going to be through the roof for the last half of November and through December.  

While it won't reach 50m, it'll finish well above 40m by the end of the year, without question.

if it sold 400k the rest of the year without a boost it would sit at 40.1mil, i think black friday+christmas will boost it over 45mil. (that would mean 16.6mil sales In 2013!

Around the Network

43-45 million sounds about right

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ouroboros24 said:

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

I am going to go ahead and assume that you are trolling.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

benji232 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

I am going to go ahead and assume that you are trolling.

he might not be :)

I think 50m may not be possible by Dec 31st 2013. I have a feeling that unless Nintendo expects to sell 50m WW by that time, they wont be able to manufacture enough to sell that much by that time if sales really do boost by that much.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Are you kidding me? 3DS going to sell way over 5mil more this year, Do you think 3DS is going to bomb?  3DS is most likely going to outsell X1+PS4 combine this holiday!!!

3DS is selling 400k a week for the first two weeks of holiday, lets say they keep 400k a week, every week intill years end... thats 3.2mil right there cuz its 8 weeks remaining. Do you honestly see 3DS not getting a boost at all???? REALLY???

Whoa, slow your roll little lady, I don't mean to affend nobody.  This ain't nothin' to get your panties tied to a knot about.  I'm all amout the 3ds, got it at launch.  I'm just looking at last year and this year.  It's going to do awesome, but i'm not going so far as what it did last year. There have been awesome games, but I don't think it'll be overtly strong.  Sure, it can reach up to 6 even 7 mill, but I'm not going to state that.  There's no real evidence.  I'm playing it safe. 

November 2012:  Approximately 1.75mil

December 2012:  Approximately 4.35mil.

Sure, I made the comment without looking at the numbers first, but that was last year.  With the addition of PS4 and xbone this year round along with the Wii U with bumped up game library, a person's wallet would be stretched as it is.  Certainly, the 3ds/2ds family will do wonderful, but don't go blasting me on a fair eyeball assessment. 

Are people on this site just looking for a biggest dick contest or what?

Ouroboros24 said:
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Are you kidding me? 3DS going to sell way over 5mil more this year, Do you think 3DS is going to bomb?  3DS is most likely going to outsell X1+PS4 combine this holiday!!!

3DS is selling 400k a week for the first two weeks of holiday, lets say they keep 400k a week, every week intill years end... thats 3.2mil right there cuz its 8 weeks remaining. Do you honestly see 3DS not getting a boost at all???? REALLY???

Whoa, slow your roll little lady, I don't mean to affend nobody.  This ain't nothin' to get your panties tied to a knot about.  I'm all amout the 3ds, got it at launch.  I'm just looking at last year and this year.  It's going to do awesome, but i'm not going so far as what it did last year. There have been awesome games, but I don't think it'll be overtly strong.  Sure, it can reach up to 6 even 7 mill, but I'm not going to state that.  There's no real evidence.  I'm playing it safe. 

Sure, I made the comment without looking at the numbers first, but that was last year.  With the addition of PS4 and xbone this year round along with the Wii U with bumped up game library, a person's wallet would be stretched as it is.  Certainly, the 3ds/2ds family will do wonderful, but don't go blasting me on a fair eyeball assessment. 

You do know that 2012 lineup was bad right? 2013>2011>>>2012 for 3DS. Anywayz you said 3mil lol, thats a huge bomb! Thats why im like O.o

3DS will do better than lastyear easily here is a thread tracking the last 10 weeks in 2012 vs 2013 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171706&page=1

Ouroboros24 said:
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Your post was the equivalent of someone going in a PS4 sales prediction thread and posting : *Sony will be lucky to sell 1million units in the next month and half*. See what kind o reactions you get there. We are trying to understand your logic behind your 3M prediction, but since you even admited it, there were no logic in your post. Also, in your reply, you are completly ignoring the fact that the 3DS is currently selling the double of what it was doing last year in the same week. 

TIP: So in order to avoid having such reactions from your posts in the future, maybe just do a tiny bit of research on vgchartz to see if your numbers even make any sense at all.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Ouroboros24 said:
tbone51 said:
Ouroboros24 said:

I think you fail to realize that the market is split.  The people out buying PS4's and XB1's so close to launch are most likely not going to be the same people who are going to buy a 3DS over the holidays.  There will be some overlap, but not much.  As for the Wii U issue, I don't see how that changes the 3DS numbers.

They probably don't even have 50 million units manufactured yet lol....