By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW UP! 9th November 2013

sales2099 said:
Huh, COD losing steam finally?

Thinking the exact same thing.

Wii U is just not picking up the pace, I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Black friday and a new Mario game might be what the doctor ordered though, but just how much can it help?

I expected the Wii U to do 180-220k on average for the holidays, it has a ways to go for now.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Somini said:
Has anyone noticed this;

The WiiU is selling a lot of software, percentage wise. The 3DS though isn't doing that great on the software side. Was the 3DS hacked already or something?

The lower the install base, the higher the attach rate. Also 3DS is getting a ton of download sales

not to mention a LOT of people are buying Pokemon and...not much else it seems. I think that game is eating alot of the sales of others

CoD sales are down by almost half from BO2.

Somini said:

Has anyone noticed this;

The WiiU is selling a lot of software, percentage wise. The 3DS though isn't doing that great on the software side of things!

Was the 3DS hacked already or something?

The Vita also has a large tie ratio, as VGChartz calls it. I think that has more to do with the slow hardware sales of those systems. 3DS keeps selling systems -- and how many people buy more than one or two games the same day they buy a new system?

Check the DS numbers for 2006. About 3.6 games sold for every DS. So far this year, the 3DS has sold about 4 games for every console.

Professor Layton and the Azran bomb :(
Wii U and Vita HW... I'll just ignore them for awhile. They are hard to see, the others are okay to see though.
Wii U SW isn't bad though.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Is it just me or do those second week drops seem steep for Battlefield and AssCreed? I know we won't get the full picture until we can add the next-gen versions but even still, don't you think it looks like they might be on the decline? Also Minecraft should break 1m in the USA next week - it just keeps selling!

Glad to see wii u and vita staying in the game.

Well, at least WiiU didn't crash and burn right away. And there's WiiU titles in there .

CoD's declining big-time, unless 3m people are waiting for the PS4One versions. Which I don't think will happen. The CoD era is over, the new generation shall see a new series/genre rise to dominance. Like what has happened every generation before.

Nintendo needs to do a "buy 3 3DS games get a Wi U for free" deal.

Would help 3DS get its software sales up and help people realize the Wii U actually exist

I am afraid if it keeps selling poorly Nintenod will keep cutting back its investment in it (the Wii U)

Dunban67 said:
Nintendo needs to do a "buy 3 3DS games get a Wi U for free" deal.

Would help 3DS get its software sales up and help people realize the Wii U actually exist

I am afraid if it keeps selling poorly Nintenod will keep cutting back its investment in it (the Wii U)

Nintendo wont cut investment off in the WiiU, they'll need a huge plan but they wont leave it especially with LoZ/SSB/MK8 and others still need to come out