By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204

I'm not sure how some people can truly make a decision by looking at screenshots and possibly youtube videos. At a quick glance, it does appear that Killzone looks sharper with more detail because of the 1080p. At first, I thought Ryse would have better character models, but some of the screenshots don't support this.

However, I think you have to look at both games on a 50+ inch HD TV to really judge.... I want to see if 900p will still look at sharp on a big screen TV.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

LoL.

Killzones level of detail is average at best. BF4 offers way more than that.

vs

http://gyazo.com/f23fe32eab410a9c45b820d71ed4ee3a

Characters?

vs.

whatever makes you happy though.

I wouldn't say KZ:SF level detail is average at best at all. Seeing as we have not seen all of it yet we can't judge. But the levels they have shown look great....way better than BF4 IMO that is. Heck BOTH look better than BF4 in my eyes.

Charter models and animation though Ryse is ahead. But in motion gameplay KZ looks better to me and has more happening on screen. Again that is in my opinion so again it all boils down to preference. As both really look good if you ask me!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Killzone, purely for that scene they showed at the PS4 unveil in the city.

Sci-fi + 1080p + 60fps is going to be really pretty.

Ryse still looks great though.

Killzone looks way better than Ryse. Be serious.

Some of you guys are gonna look REALLY silly when both games are out and we see more footage

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Shinobi-san said:

The visuals in killzone is very detailed. Making your game 1080p 60 fps doesnt automaticallu mean the visuals get downgraded or less detailed. Its not that simple. 

I believe they hold back on graphics to make sure they achieve resolution and frame rate goals.

Are you saying that for sure as in you read that somewhere where GG specifically said that or are you assuming it?

If you are assumming it then what im saying is that resolution/FPS doesnt always need to be sacrificed to get the best picture. In order to get the best picture devs need to find a balance between textures/effects/lighting/draw distance/resolution/FPS/animations etc. Whatever they feel is the best for their game.

Dropping resolution in Killzone would probably be the last thing GG would want to do. Its the easiest way to get a cleaner/crisper image. When im playing games on my PC native resolution is the last thing i drop. Because it has one of the biggest impacts on the visuals.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Lulz said:
Am I the only one that finds it amusing how all of the PS fans are suddenly claiming games that have bigger draw distances and a nicer colour palette are more visually impressive when last gen Halo Reach/4 couldn't get any credit for such things in comparison to closed in, duller coloured games like Uncharted?

I just find it funny how people's tunes change whenever it's convenient for them.

uncharted has dull colors?

Ryse wins character models, Killzone wins pretty much everything else.

F0X said:

The character models in Ryse look fantastic, I agree. That's the only leg up on Killzone I can percieve. Art design may be subjective, but what I've seen of Ryse has been sorely disappointing. >:( Why bother with detailed textures when everything is going to look so samey?

An impressive vista like this deserves much more than fifty shades of grey and similarly muted colors.

Lets just say Crytek and call it a day then. LOL

Shinobi-san said:

Are you saying that for sure as in you read that somewhere where GG specifically said that or are you assuming it?

If you are assumming it then what im saying is that resolution/FPS doesnt always need to be sacrificed to get the best picture. In order to get the best picture devs need to find a balance between textures/effects/lighting/draw distance/resolution/FPS/animations etc. Whatever they feel is the best for their game.

Dropping resolution in Killzone would probably be the last thing GG would want to do. Its the easiest way to get a cleaner/crisper image. When im playing games on my PC native resolution is the last thing i drop. Because it has one of the biggest impacts on the visuals.

Obviously they can push visuals only so far if they want achieve their resolution and frame rate goals. They build around what the PS4 is capable of, or atleast what the developers are capable of at the moment.

MS said the next Halo will be 1080p and 60 fps. So those must be important goals for them. But If they want to achieve that, they have to put a cap on the visual quality. We shouldn't expect the best graphics the hardware can push with that resolution and fps.

In the future, I believe the best looking 8th gen games will probably be 720p and 30 fps. Much like the best looking 7th gen games are around 720p and 30 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)