By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
psrock said:
Lulz said:
Am I the only one that finds it amusing how all of the PS fans are suddenly claiming games that have bigger draw distances and a nicer colour palette are more visually impressive when last gen Halo Reach/4 couldn't get any credit for such things in comparison to closed in, duller coloured games like Uncharted?

I just find it funny how people's tunes change whenever it's convenient for them.

Yet you ignore the fact that Ryse looking good is about the only positive thing going for it. It looks junky, the gameplay is looks bad, yet Xbox fans ignore it. Look at things from both sides young man.

Nice deflection. This thread has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMEPLAY. This thread is about visuals, and visuals alone. No one is over-looking anything because what you're trying to claim is being over-looked isn't even a part of this conversation. Thanks for joining in with your typical derailment of a thread, though. 

It's also impressive that you can tell how a game is going to play before ever playing it. 

Around the Network
Lulz said:
Am I the only one that finds it amusing how all of the PS fans are suddenly claiming games that have bigger draw distances and a nicer colour palette are more visually impressive when last gen Halo Reach/4 couldn't get any credit for such things in comparison to closed in, duller coloured games like Uncharted?

I just find it funny how people's tunes change whenever it's convenient for them.

It's because all the 360 fans are now PS4 fans.

Seriously.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Lulz said:

Not really seeing as "PS fans" were not the ones doing it. It may have been a few specific people but not "all of the PS fans". No point in generalizing all of them like that, it doesn't look good. So just call the people out who did it and see what they have to say instead....just saying...

Fair enough. It generally is just a small group of people that were doing it, but that particular group is extremely loud and obnoxious, so they tend to stand out over the more level-headed posters.

Lulz said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Lulz said:

Not really seeing as "PS fans" were not the ones doing it. It may have been a few specific people but not "all of the PS fans". No point in generalizing all of them like that, it doesn't look good. So just call the people out who did it and see what they have to say instead....just saying...

Fair enough. It generally is just a small group of people that were doing it, but that particular group is extremely loud and obnoxious, so they tend to stand out over the more level-headed posters.

That is pretty understandable lol. Folks like that you just have to ignore. THey THRIVE off of negativity and getting others worked up for no reason.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Lulz said:

Looks pretty colorful to me xD

Nah but the difference is that Shadow Fall actually looks rather strong in terms of assets compared to Ryse. Looking at both of them: They're doing very different things and both are looking jaw droppingly nice.

The textures are stellar in both titles. The games you listed just didn't have it in the same way that the top visually looking games the games on PS3 did. Hence no matter how technically impressive they were: Most would list the games that had the stronger visual assets.

However once both games look impressive: You have to start taking other things into account as well.

Ryse has the better characters and facial animations most probably, but what about the textures, particles, lighting, color palette, draw distance, general effects, AA solution, IQ, screen resolution, frame rate and so forth.

I think most of us should just wait and play both before drawing any conclusion. It's too hard to judge at the moment.

Shadow Fall could look like horseshit in some areas or maybe Ryse drops to 10 frames at some point. We don't know!

Around the Network
Lulz said:

I don't know what you see. But let me explain how I see it, me, a Sony guy

Ryse looks quite good. It has really nice character models, but especially good facial animations. 

Killzone doesn't seem to have facial animation as intricate as the ones found in Ryse, but whatever else Ryse does well, Killzone does it just as well.

Where things get in Killzone's favour is when you include that bigger draw distance, the more visually pleasing colour palette along with everything both games do pretty much equally.

Now, take that, and up the resolution to 1080p...

Basically, Killzone does pretty much everything Ryse does, technically, but on a bigger scale. 

Lulz said:

"duller coloured"

fatslob-:O said:
F0X said:
Clearly Killzone. I've played SNES games with more color and personality than Ryse.

C'mon man. Atleast give credit where it's due. A mild PC dude like myself as well as DF thinks that it's very impressive.

Killzone does win on one front by the fact that it is more technically impressive. I mean do ryse even feature areas that are larger than 100m while also giving some nice destructible physics too in the process ?

Nonethless you have to admit that the texture quality is very impressive while also featuring nice character models in ryse.

The character models in Ryse look fantastic, I agree. That's the only leg up on Killzone I can percieve. Art design may be subjective, but what I've seen of Ryse has been sorely disappointing. >:( Why bother with detailed textures when everything is going to look so samey?

An impressive vista like this deserves much more than fifty shades of grey and similarly muted colors.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Andrespetmonkey said:
Lulz said:

"duller coloured"

Ha ha. Yeah, I always wondered how the world looks like when viewed through mountain dew glasses. If you say that Uncharted games have dull colours, I can't find any other explanation.

F0X said:
fatslob-:O said:
F0X said:
Clearly Killzone. I've played SNES games with more color and personality than Ryse.

C'mon man. Atleast give credit where it's due. A mild PC dude like myself as well as DF thinks that it's very impressive.

Killzone does win on one front by the fact that it is more technically impressive. I mean do ryse even feature areas that are larger than 100m while also giving some nice destructible physics too in the process ?

Nonethless you have to admit that the texture quality is very impressive while also featuring nice character models in ryse.

The character models in Ryse look fantastic, I agree. That's the only leg up on Killzone I can percieve. Art design may be subjective, but what I've seen of Ryse has been sorely disappointing. >:( Why bother with detailed textures when everything is going to look so samey?

An impressive vista like this deserves much more than fifty shades of grey and similarly muted colors.

I especially love the shadows that the soldiers on the shore are casting.