By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U, 3DS Lifetime Sales Predictions

Will Nintendo 3DS outsell its predecessor?

Yes 121 35.28%

No 220 64.14%

Total:341

3DS - 110 million

WiiU - 35 million

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I kno 5mil isnt sold, actually i dont think they have over 1mil+ on store shelves, i think thats the article that got the nintendo report mixed up. 5mil was stated by nintendo that it wants to sell that  many of the year 2013! 

Ok. Hey, do you remember that thread that had the weekly comparisons of the Pokemon games? Do you have the link somewhere or the title?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

I kno 5mil isnt sold, actually i dont think they have over 1mil+ on store shelves, i think thats the article that got the nintendo report mixed up. 5mil was stated by nintendo that it wants to sell that  many of the year 2013! 

Ok. Hey, do you remember that thread that had the weekly comparisons of the Pokemon games? Do you have the link somewhere or the title?

Which one? this http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=169423&page=1#3

Anyway i think  US might be overtracked by a little and Europe might be undertracked

Lawlight said:
Ninjahound101 said:
Lawlight said:

17M in 2013? So, it will sell 11.87M from October to December? For comparison's sake, the maximum the DS has ever sold during that period was 11.89M.

That's a tall order.

Nintendo announced that 3DS has surpassed 5 million units sold in Japan this year(yes sold not shipped)

so it's either VGchartz numbers are wrong or 3DS barely got 100K in NA and Europe combined

http://playeressence.com/3ds-sold-5-million-units-japan-2013/

Sure about that? That seems to be shipped numbers since media create has 3DS sales at 3.796.114 as of last week.

it's sold but might be the fiscal year, not sure about what 2013 Nintendo meant specifically but still 1.3M in USA and Europe combined is pretty low so VGC must be wrong

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Wii U: 30 million
3DS: 110 million

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ps4tw said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Its wrong in your opinion... All you have to prove that the ps4 will sell more than the wiiU is the hype... The ps4 hasn't even come out yet and it has 1 million in pre-orders... Time and time again, it has been proven that first party has to lead the way followed by third party... The Gamecube didn't sell well because most of the First Party games weren't very good with an exception of a few... On the wii, ds and 3ds, there were tons of first party games that were good for both casual and hard core as well as an attractive price point... All I can say is, just wait and see instead of just speculating on how the consoles that havn't even come out yet are going to do soley based on hype... I am not saying the ps4 is going to sell lower than the wiiU, if there was a thread on ps4 sales predictions, I would say 150 million, but I do think that the wiiU will sell well...

Third Parties go where the money is and if the wiiU starts selling due to System Selling First Party games which are coming out next year, they will make a port on the wiiU but the ps4 and xbox 1 will obviously have superior third party support

Also don't forget that a lot of those games are coming out for current gen as well...

It's wrong because it doesn't follow a cohesive, logical path. Or to say it another way, your opinion is nuts. 

What I have to prove that the PS4 OR XB1 will sell more is that they have more games out for them, games that belong to popular franchises and multiplats were some of the best performing games in the 7th gen. Are you really saying that the world will radomly and radically change so that everything we learnt from the 7th gen no longer applies? That what you really wanna say?

Third party CANT FOLLOW ANY WII U FIRST PARTY CUZ IT CANT HANDLE 8TH GEN GAMES. That clear enough for you? All you have said is "The Wii U will sell well" but not said how considering the sales trends of the last 5 years. If I recall correctly as well, most big games skipped the Wii as well and that solely relied on 1st party titles so where the hell are you getting the idea that 3rd party follows 1st party? That just aint true and nothing that's happened in recent memory says otherwise. 

There have been ports of Cod and other games on the wii dude and its not even close to the graphical level of the ps3/360... your arguement is stupid

They are hardly ports as they are so different, and your argument is totally retarded as you are deciding to ignore the wii remote which was the main pull for the console. Wii U is a failure and you'll be choking on your words in a few months when it's still doing totally shit. 

I hope you're happy when Shinen shows you just how stupid you are.

God damn killzone can run on the WiiU. (its a 1080p 60fps game on the PS4 it can run at lower fidelity on another system)

Can't find an earlier prediction-thread. Seemingly I haven't posted in this one, but I remember saying WiiU would reach 50M before launch (so a year earlier than this thread). I can't remember ever giving an opinion to 3DS.

But my WiiU-prediction deserves some crow. Yummy. Can someone pass me the salt please?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]