By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U, 3DS Lifetime Sales Predictions

Will Nintendo 3DS outsell its predecessor?

Yes 121 35.28%

No 220 64.14%

Total:341
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Nintendo also had arguably better third party support on the gamecube than on the wii cause most of the games were either minigames, terriable ports or had motion controls that did not work, so third party didn't help much either the gamecube much either... One of the main reasons the wii sold so much was cause of stuff like wiisports and wii fit which were also made by Nintendo... So yea, I think people do buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games

Another thing you should also think about is, Gamecube had Super Mario Sunshine which a lot of people didn't like. It had Wind Waker which also a ton of people didn't like cause of its cartoon art style even though it is a great game. Really the only games that were great on it was Metroid, RE4 and Melee ( I am sure I am missing a few more but those come to mind atm)... On the wii however, there was Brawl, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Metroid, Skyward Sword and many others which are also some of the highest rated games in many websites to date... 

It dosn't look like casual are interrested by wii u without third party and casual support a Nintendo Home console can't succeed.

80 millions is really too hight 50 millions is more resonnable.

You can't compare playstation 4 and xboxone with wii u is not because wii u underperformed that ps4 and one.

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:

Nintendo also had arguably better third party support on the gamecube than on the wii cause most of the games were either minigames, terriable ports or had motion controls that did not work, so third party didn't help much either the gamecube much either... One of the main reasons the wii sold so much was cause of stuff like wiisports and wii fit which were also made by Nintendo... So yea, I think people do buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games

Another thing you should also think about is, Gamecube had Super Mario Sunshine which a lot of people didn't like. It had Wind Waker which also a ton of people didn't like cause of its cartoon art style even though it is a great game. Really the only games that were great on it was Metroid, RE4 and Melee ( I am sure I am missing a few more but those come to mind atm)... On the wii however, there was Brawl, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Metroid, Skyward Sword and many others which are also some of the highest rated games in many websites to date... 

It dosn't look like casual are interrested by wii u without third party and casual support a Nintendo Home console can't succeed.

You can't compare playstation 4 and xboxone with wii u is not because wii u underperformed that ps4 and one.

Oh come on... the horse power arguement again... Do you people never do any research? Ever?

Here are a list of underpowered consoles beating consoles with superior power:

ps1 > n64 (ps1 was weaker)
ps2 > gamecube (ps2 was weaker)
ds > psp (ds was weaker)
wii > ps3/360 (wii was weaker)
3ds > vita (3ds is weaker)

Power has nothing to do with the success of the console... ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. WiiU doesn't have any good games yet... All it had was New Super Mario Bros U which basically sold 2.5 million wiiU's argueably... After that, there were no system seller games... WWHD was a remake, Pikmen isn't a popular title, it never was, and etc... If you want a good reason to say why the wiiU might not sell well, your arguement should be cause it doesn't have any games yet... Not something stupid like, oh its underpowered/underperforming, hurr

And if you can't compare it to the ps4/xbox1... Thats even better cause than it wont be competing with them just like how the wii wasn't competing with the ps3/360... It will just sell to the people that like playing Nintendo games... 

Oh and just in case if I missread what you are trying to say, its cause I don't understand your last sentence... And don't forget, this is MY OPINION... I think the wiiU will sell a lot more when the key games come out and this hype train dies out in 2014... that is all and it should be the end of this discussion

And as a one last thing... Sony hasn't made money on the ps3 very much... they have lost more money on the ps3 than they gained, you can google it if you need proof... For example, last quater, Nintendo made a Net Profit of 8 million as a whole excluding the sales of Pokemon and the rise of the sales from wiiU but Sony had a Net Loss of about 200 million as a company with 9 million being as part of the game department at the very same time... Nintendo also made profit nearly every year for the last 25 years while Sony has been losing money for the last few years... 

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

small44 said:

Oh come on... the horse power arguement again... Do you people never do any research? Ever?

Here are a list of underpowered consoles beating consoles with superior power:

ps1 > n64 (ps1 was weaker)
ps2 > gamecube (ps2 was weaker)
ds > psp (ds was weaker)
wii > ps3/360 (wii was weaker)
3ds > vita (3ds is weaker)

Power has nothing to do with the success of the console... ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. WiiU doesn't have any good games yet... All it had was New Super Mario Bros U which basically sold 2.5 million wiiU's argueably... After that, there were no system seller games... WWHD was a remake, Pikmen isn't a popular title, it never was, and etc... If you want a good reason to say why the wiiU might not sell well, your arguement should be cause it doesn't have any games yet... Not something stupid like, oh its underpowered/underperforming, hurr

And if you can't compare it to the ps4/xbox1... Thats even better cause than it wont be competing with them just like how the wii wasn't competing with the ps3/360... It will just sell to the people that like playing Nintendo games... 

Oh and just in case if I missread what you are trying to say, its cause I don't understand your last sentence... And don't forget, this is MY OPINION... I think the wiiU will sell a lot more when the key games come out and this hype train dies out in 2014... that is all and it should be the end of this discussion

And as a one last thing... Sony hasn't made money on the ps3 very much... they have lost more money on the ps3 than they gained, you can google it if you need proof... For example, last quater, Nintendo made a Net Profit of 8 million as a whole excluding the sales of Pokemon and the rise of the sales from wiiU but Sony had a Net Loss of about 200 million as a company with 9 million being as part of the game department at the very same time... Nintendo also made profit nearly every year for the last 25 years while Sony has been losing money for the last few years... 

ps1 > n64 (ps1 had more support then n64)
ps2 > gamecube (ps2 had more support then gamecube and playstation brand became big)
ds > psp (ds attract casual and Nintendo brand on handheld is bigger+psp bad third party support+the fact that first party on sony game console are irrelevant) 
wii > ps3/360 (wii attract casual,ps3 and 360 was direct competitor that cause lower sale for both console if xbox didn't exist all those people would goes on ps3)
3ds > vita (3ds is weaker) (3d outsell psvita because of brand and casual game and 3ds get all big ip in Japan and psv get any big ip in Japan )

ps4 will sold well because of the brand popularity,and the fact ps4 in less expensive then his direct compititor,and because of third party wii u will not sell as well because they had only first pary.

~

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

ps2 > gamecube (ps2 had more support then gamecube and playstation brand became big)
ds > psp (ds attract casual and Nintendo brand on handheld is bigger+psp bad third party support+the fact that first party on sony game console are irrelevant) 
wii > ps3/360 (wii attract casual,ps3 and 360 was direct competitor that cause lower sale for both console if xbox didn't exist all those people would goes on ps3)
3ds > vita (3ds is weaker) (3d outsell psvita because of brand and casual game and 3ds get all big ip in Japan and psv get any big ip in Japan )

ps4 will sold well because of the brand popularity,and the fact ps4 in less expensive then his direct compititor,and because of third party wii u will not sell as well because they had only first pary.

Actually... the wiiU is selling more than the ps4 cause the ps4 isn't even out yet... If your stupid enough to include the pre-orders as actual sales, it still loses because there are about 1 million pre-orders and the wiiU sold nearly 4 million

But just watch... in 2014... you are gonna be dissappointed about the sales of ps4 vs wiiU

~

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

small44 said:

Actually... the wiiU is selling more than the ps4 cause the ps4 isn't even out yet... If your stupid enough to include the pre-orders as actual sales, it still loses because there are about 1 million pre-orders and the wiiU sold nearly 4 million

But just watch... in 2014... you are gonna be dissappointed about the sales of ps4 vs wiiU

Ps3 outsold xbox360 despite it come 1 years and half after and despite xbox360 was less expensives will the same games as ps3 and a lot of exclusive dlc and game from third party on xbox360  so it will be easy to ps4 to outsold wii u.

I give ps4 one year and half to outsold wii u wait and see.

It's stupid to think because one console sold poorly all other console will do the same,the only way to ps4 to fail it's if third party stop make game witch is imposible.

~

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:
small44 said:

Ps3 outsold xbox360 despite it come 1 years and half after and despite xbox360 was less expensives will the same games as ps3 and a lot of exclusive dlc and game from third party on xbox360  so it will be easy to ps4 to outsold wii u.

I give ps4 one year and half to outsold wii u wait and see.

It's stupid to think because one console sold poorly all other console will do the same,the only way to ps4 to fail it's if third party stop make game witch is imposible.

~

Well, this arguement can go on for ages but I will say one last thing before I stop this lovely conversation. The ps3 outsold the 360 at the end of its lifecycle... It took nearly 4-5 years for the ps3 to catch up on the sales of the 360 and MS basically stopped making quality games by that point and there is nothing that says the wiiU cannot become the same way... The ps3 games that have been released by third parties are still inferior to the 360 version (in most cases) because of the issues of the Cell CPUs... Look at Skyrim for example, its still buggy on the ps3 version even after all this time... The ps3 sold so much is because of the quality games being released by Sony's first party studios such as the Last of Us, Uncharted, KillZone etc... Xbox is the console for third parties

Ps3 got a lot of first party game but it didn't help  ps3 a lot,price cut is the main reasons why ps3 start to outsold xbox360 but it's not the onlyreasons it also because of the strength of the Playstation brand and because of first party and because of third party.

At the end i just can say wait and see

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

3DS 70mill+

Wii U 22mill...ish

RedPikmin95 said:

~ 165m Wii U
~ 180m 3DS

based on: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166018

Howd you get to those numbers?  That post you link to makes as much sense as flat earthers or illuminati conspircists. There is not a shred of sensible, tangible business thinking in it, just wishful thinking. The Wii U will be missing all the major 3rd party titles from Q1 next year because it can't handle them and so far Nintendo are still kicking out the door the same games that only current fans want, and that's a herd that is thinning quickly. 

WiiU, 80 million cause why not, its still too early to label it a failure cause the other two consoles might have the same problem after all the fanboy hype goes down

3ds 125 million cause it has no competition and the games are too damn good

More chance of zombie Stalin knocking on your door then the WiiU hitting those figures. The other two consoles are nothing like the Wii U at all, so saying they might have the same problem is a fundamental misunderstaning of what the problem is. 

ps4tw said:

WiiU, 80 million cause why not, its still too early to label it a failure cause the other two consoles might have the same problem after all the fanboy hype goes down

3ds 125 million cause it has no competition and the games are too damn good

More chance of zombie Stalin knocking on your door then the WiiU hitting those figures. The other two consoles are nothing like the Wii U at all, so saying they might have the same problem is a fundamental misunderstaning of what the problem is. 

Considering your name has ps4 in it... having a conversation would be pointless so all I can say is... Its my opinion and nothing more and saying anything about it won't change it