By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Not all of Treyarch worked on CoD Ghosts for WiiU

What a shock.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
oniyide said:
DialgaMarine said:
Mr Khan said:
DialgaMarine said:
Ninjahound101 said:

You're funny, you did exactly what i asked you not to do

here take this:

Now being serious, if treyarchdid what Shin'en did WiiU would be pumping more pixels Than XB1

in case of live rendering(both TV and gamepad, occurs always in local multiplayer on WiiU)

XB1: 1280*720 = 921600

WiiU:880*720=633600

WiiU Gamepad:854*480=409920

Total on WiiU= 1043520

So WiiU > XB1

WiiU> 0.5 PS4

So PS4>WiiU>0.5PS4>XB1>360 and PS3

Care to explain how the hell the gamepad + the console = the total munber of pixels? Wasn't the entire package designed to where both were supposed to act as their own indiviual pieces of hardware, while still working in unison, so that neither could tax the other? I thought that was why each had their own individual specs? Was Nintendo lying about the console, when they said 100% of it's hardware could be used for games?

The pad doesn't have an independent GPU, if that's what you mean. It'd be like twice as expensive.

So, basically Nintendo screwed up royally when they made the gamepad an essential part of the experience? Unless devs decide to utilize the console, without the gamepad at all, gamers will be stuck with only slightly better visuals and performance than hardware that released 7 years ago? Unless of course it's only cartoon-ish low detailed titles... Man that sucks. One might as well just stick with a PS3 or a Wii at that point. 

this has been the case for awhile. nothing new

Yeah, I guess I should stop trying to give Nintendo credit at times.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

From what I understand about black ops 2 split screen mode is it can do the same 2 player split screen as 360/PS3 with both players on the main tv or it can split the image so one half is upscaled to fill the whole tv screen and the other half is sent to the gamepad. It's no different processing wise to what the ps3 and 360 are doing with their split screen mode. It's making use of the wii u's built in hardware upscaler.

Lets not forget that the wii u version of black ops 2 has a marginally inferior frame rate to ps3 and is a lot worse than 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doMx1UEKEzU

The idea that the wii u has the power to generate 2 full action screens when it can't even keep up in single player makes no sense. Especially when there is also some missing detail in the graphics of Black ops 2 on wii u compared to 360 and PS3. All have a native resolution of 880x720 which is pretty dire anyway.

Adding the resolution of the gamepad to the main screen resolution makes absolutely no sense most of the time. However I believe the gamepad can create a full independent action screen but this would be using the wii gpu that is embedded in the main gpu and would have more limited graphics dictated by that gpu's limitations. Also this would have a massive hit on cpu resources.

The key to the wii u design is a high speed compression section in the gpu which at any time can downscale and compress the main gpu frame buffer or compress the wii frame buffer and send it to the gamepad. The wii gpu performance level is 12 gflops (gamecube was 8 gflops), the wii u gpu is 176 gflops. So you can see the huge difference in performance level. Even if you add that 12 gflops to 176 gflops it's only 188 gflops. Still a huge difference to the 1.3 terraflops of the xbox one or 1.8 terraflops of the ps4 gpu's.

DialgaMarine said:
Ninjahound101 said:
DialgaMarine said:
LMAO @ the OP. Least frame drops for any next gen version, yet it's running sub-720p, with the same pixel count as the PS360 versions... Quite the "next gen" console you got there... lol

Plus, have we even seen an in-depth performance analysis of the PS4 version yet? I have a feeling if the game is the only next gen console version running in native 1080p, then it's frame rate is just fine.

here take this:

Now being serious, if treyarchdid what Shin'en did WiiU would be pumping more pixels Than XB1

in case of live rendering(both TV and gamepad, occurs always in local multiplayer on WiiU)

Total on WiiU= 1043520

So WiiU > XB1

WiiU> 0.5 PS4

Care to explain how the hell the gamepad + the console = the total munber of pixels? Wasn't the entire package designed to where both were supposed to act as their own indiviual pieces of hardware, while still working in unison, so that neither could tax the other? I thought that was why each had their own individual specs? Was Nintendo lying about the console, when they said 100% of it's hardware could be used for games?

That is true in single player, the screen is simply duplicated but in local multiplayer it isn't, and again it is optional but it is most likely being used here
though I'm not sure but it is very likely

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

bonzobanana said:
From what I understand about black ops 2 split screen mode is it can do the same 2 player split screen as 360/PS3 with both players on the main tv or it can split the image so one half is upscaled to fill the whole tv screen and the other half is sent to the gamepad. It's no different processing wise to what the ps3 and 360 are doing with their split screen mode. It's making use of the wii u's built in hardware upscaler.

Lets not forget that the wii u version of black ops 2 has a marginally inferior frame rate to ps3 and is a lot worse than 360.

The idea that the wii u has the power to generate 2 full action screens when it can't even keep up in single player makes no sense. Especially when there is also some missing detail in the graphics of Black ops 2 on wii u compared to 360 and PS3. All have a native resolution of 880x720 which is pretty dire anyway.

Adding the resolution of the gamepad to the main screen resolution makes absolutely no sense most of the time. However I believe the gamepad can create a full independent action screen but this would be using the wii gpu that is embedded in the main gpu and would have more limited graphics dictated by that gpu's limitations. Also this would have a massive hit on cpu resources.

The key to the wii u design is a high speed compression section in the gpu which at any time can downscale and compress the main gpu frame buffer or compress the wii frame buffer and send it to the gamepad. The wii gpu performance level is 12 gflops (gamecube was 8 gflops), the wii u gpu is 176 gflops. So you can see the huge difference in performance level. Even if you add that 12 gflops to 176 gflops it's only 188 gflops. Still a huge difference to the 1.3 terraflops of the xbox one or 1.8 terraflops of the ps4 gpu's.

I said Assuming they're doing what shinen did, by the way WiiU is around 568 GFlops, also shinen stated that WiiU is more than capable of 1080p native sayong that it requires 16MB of eDRAM when WiiU has 32 and that WiiU could do 1080p 2MSAA or in some cases 4MSAA

Nothing is really confirmed though except for the eDRAM part doing 1080p 2MSAA

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Around the Network
oniyide said:
eFKac said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

they are too generous towards the wii U

Not really. Porting likely doesn't cost much.

it never does, until we talk about MH.

Killed.

OT. Every multiplatform game on the Wii U should be made by a separate team (if made at all). I don't want next gen games to be scaled down just so they can run on the Wii U with only graphics, resolution and framerate differences.

the way things are looking right now, I dont think you have to worry about that.

I don't know if you were implying that but yes at the moment it's a non issue anyway, since the big majority of games carry the burden of current gen platforms anyway. 

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

DialgaMarine said:
oniyide said:
DialgaMarine said:
Mr Khan said:
DialgaMarine said:
Ninjahound101 said:

here take this:

Total on WiiU= 1043520

So WiiU > XB1

WiiU> 0.5 PS4

The pad doesn't have an independent GPU, if that's what you mean. It'd be like twice as expensive.

So, basically Nintendo screwed up royally when they made the gamepad an essential part of the experience? Unless devs decide to utilize the console, without the gamepad at all, gamers will be stuck with only slightly better visuals and performance than hardware that released 7 years ago? Unless of course it's only cartoon-ish low detailed titles... Man that sucks. One might as well just stick with a PS3 or a Wii at that point. 

this has been the case for awhile. nothing new

Yeah, I guess I should stop trying to give Nintendo credit at times.

or you can stop beatng a dead horse

Ninjahound101 said:
bonzobanana said:

I said Assuming they're doing what shinen did, by the way WiiU is around 568 GFlops, also shinen stated that WiiU is more than capable of 1080p native sayong that it requires 16MB of eDRAM when WiiU has 32 and that WiiU could do 1080p 2MSAA or in some cases 4MSAA

Nothing is really confirmed though except for the eDRAM part doing 1080p 2MSAA

The absolute maximum the wii u gpu could be is 352 glfops when the x-ray was examined. The lower figure was 176 gflops. The weight of evidence now is that the 176 gflops figure is correct. Certainly the wii u can do 1080p easily  but this is likely restricted mainly to 2D games, HD upscales of gamecube and wii games and possibly some less ambitious games with cartoon type graphics.  It's unlikely a very cpu and gpu intensive game would go to 1080p as it would restrictive graphically with a lot of repeated textures etc likely and low polygon numbers. 720p or even sub 720p is most likely with the hardware upscaler used to take it to 1080p, to give the best visuals possible.

DialgaMarine said:

Why would I do that when PS3/Wii aren't getting Mario 3D World, X, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi...

curl-6 said:
DialgaMarine said:

Why would I do that when PS3/Wii aren't getting Mario 3D World, X, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi...

I'm sure you'll find plenty of brilliant games on the PS3 / Wii that you haven't played yet.