By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Not all of Treyarch worked on CoD Ghosts for WiiU

fps_d0minat0r said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

they are too generous towards the wii U

Not really. Porting likely doesn't cost much.

it never does, until we talk about MH.

Killed.

OT. Every multiplatform game on the Wii U should be made by a separate team (if made at all). I don't want next gen games to be scaled down just so they can run on the Wii U with only graphics, resolution and framerate differences.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Guys, I love my Wii U as much as the next guy but the gamepad doesn't do anything taxing. Counting its pixels is somewhat pointless. On topic, the Wii U port does look good, I might purchase it as I don't have any fps on the system.

That's not really true, because in black ops 2 (not sure if it's in ghosts too), one player can have his screen on the gamepad, while the other one can have it on the tv when playing local/online multiplayer, thus having two seperate screens. So counting pixels isn't that pointless.

curl-6 said:

I don't think developing titles in 4 months costs very much either - there's a cap on how much money you can spend in that time :P

Or at least, not enough to make up a 500k sales difference, which I think is what the guy was getting at.

Kresnik said:
curl-6 said:

I don't think developing titles in 4 months costs very much either - there's a cap on how much money you can spend in that time :P

Or at least, not enough to make up a 500k sales difference, which I think is what the guy was getting at.

I just don't think doing a profitable port qualifies as "generosity". ;)

SubiyaCryolite said:
Guys, I love my Wii U as much as the next guy but the gamepad doesn't do anything taxing. Counting its pixels is somewhat pointless. On topic, the Wii U port does look good, I might purchase it as I don't have any fps on the system.

Assuming they are doing what Shin'en did the gamepad can look super crisp and very taxing but they probably did not do that

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
black ops declassified - 0.78m vita sales - metacritic 33
black ops 2 - 0.2m wii u sales - metacritic 81

Declassified is an exclusive, people who wanted to play it had no where else to play it but Vita, WiiU got a port almost identical to the 360, anyone who had a PS3 or 360 did not need the WiiU to play it

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

I'm shocked people are acting as if developing for Wii U is a charity and even more shocked to see the indifference, even cruelty, directed at Wii U owners. Do they not deserve third-party games too?

Show some courtesy for your fellow gamer. You guys seems more interested in protecting these companies than you do your peers.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Makes me sad that people basically buy everything no matter what as long as there is a brand name on a product... even if it would get a 1 on metacritic.

Mainstreamers and marketing = cancer.

We need some kind of  ESRB/USK/whatever rating. They should add their own  8/10  or 80%  on top of the age rating. ( I mean they basically test the whole game so why not add a gameplay rating? Its a no brainer when you think about. Its no additional work at all)

If this would happen every shitty game would have problems selling = less shitty games.

Ninjahound101 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Declassified is an exclusive, people who wanted to play it had no where else to play it but Vita, WiiU got a port almost identical to the 360, anyone who had a PS3 or 360 did not need the WiiU to play it

are you implying that if declassified was a wii U game it would have sold more, and if vita got a black ops II port instead of declassified, it would have sold less?

I dont think that would be true at all.

wii U fans would just say...oh look the third party developer gave us a crappy version of a game again, dont buy it!

and a better COD on vita, even if it were a direct port would have made it past 1m sales ages ago.

fps_d0minat0r said:

Well... remember... the Vita has a bigger install base than the wiiU, specially back then and cod black ops 2 is also avaliable on the 360 and ps3 which also has a bigger install base... 

So if I had a ps3/360/pc and I just bought a wiiU at the time... I would probably pick the ps3/360/pc version cause most of my friends will have that version since the wiiU was/is such a new console

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850