By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony Cater To Arrogant Fans?

pezus said:

Sony is the devil. That is the only explanation

Michael Jackson said so. XD

Around the Network
pezus said:

OT: When you can't beat them, attack their fans. Only sounds logical to me.

Glad to see you have finally recognized. But there's still a lot of work to do with you.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Max King of the Wild said:
No. But this thread caters to people who thinks it does and they will enter to try and justify their belief

Comment of the month.

Call them what you will, I have yet to see them make threads collectively attacking Microsoft or Nintendo fans.

Pavolink said:
pezus said:

OT: When you can't beat them, attack their fans. Only sounds logical to me.

Glad to see you have finally recognized. But there's still a lot of work to do with you.

I dunno, since Sony has been fighting to win back their audiences they've had much more personable PR than others.

If you aren't arrogant you have no place selling consumer electronics.

Every company touts their product as the best and the others as inferior products.

Just as they should.

Around the Network
ChristianTheAtheist said:

You made me remember how annoying Sony's PR used to be. High profile employees tend to lose their minds when they're the underdogs in the business like Sony used to be back then and how Microsoft is right now with X1 and their stupid tablets. It makes me think of how much Sony has matured in how it reaches their costumers and that arrogance is not always a bad thing: the video about used games sharing for PS4, all Kevin Butler's advertisements, Jack Tretton's E3 2013 presentation, apple's Mac vs PC campaign are good examples of when companies use arrogance as an effective resource to persuade and sympathize with their potential costumers (while sounding cool and sell themselves as the "good guys") and not to yell at their faces to "deal with it" when they're fucking them like Microsoft has done recently.

In my personal opinion, I find Jack Tretton annoying most of the time because of his arrogance and bad taste jokes, one of the most boring guys from Sony. Mark Cerny is a pretty cool and mature guy even though he has a disturbing/creepy appearance, Steve Jobs was narcisist and arrogant to death, but still mature and cool. Steve Ballmer is arrogant and immature like a 12 year old child to the point of being entertaining if you don't take him very seriously. I like Bill Gates (even though I don't like his company) because he's not arrogant to me and he's a very simple, down to earth guy besides being socially awkward and uncool.

Steve Balmer and Bobby Kotick are the two most arrogant ment in the history of videogames. Kaz Hirai comes third.

ethomaz said:
MohammadBadir said:
easy one. look at the Sony Dominated forums like Gaf and you'll see.

Sony never dominated in GAF lol

OP. I think the others fans (MS in most cases) are a little jelous with the PS4 "success"... it is like everything is right with PS4 so they hate that... that's my feeling.

Hahaha! I hope this deligthful irony is intentional. If not, it's a little sad but still hilarious.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony doesn't cater to arrogant fans. What Sony did and what they've always done is dominate in some form or fashion and giving people reasons to buy their box. Usually they do it by being the company where all the games generally are. On the PS1 and PS2 this was the case and on the PS3 side it was all about the exclusives. Sony created a passionate fanbase just like Nintendo did in their prime because they had a bit of everything for everyone and they still do to this day.

If you watch basketball, Sony is like the Miami Heat. Even if they lose they still win because they've impressed in some form or fashion and they are used to winning. 

Ooooh! Another one! That is a golden double dip for this thread. A+. Much chuckle. Thank you to OP and contributors,

no

JayWood2010 said:

However, what many gamers may have failed to realize is that none of the pot shooting was really going to affect their sales – it was done so Sony could flaunt how much better they are than Microsoft without directly saying it. 

Nope. At the time this was a pretty damn huge selling point for PS4 in comparison to the Xbox One. The used game troll was perfect marketing at a time of great confusion over the Xbox One used/shared games stance. Being able to play used games and share games with friends, the way its always been, is a huge selling point and thats exactly why Microsoft were forced to change the bullshit they were trying to pull.

That video with Shu and Adam was a dig at Microsofts fuck up and its exactly why it was perfect marketing. 

On another note, you need to look at the people now doing the PR compared to "back then". We now hear mainly from Shu, Adam and Cerny. All 3 guys seem down to Earth and there isnt much, if anything at all from these guys like the quotes in the OP.

Looking at the quotes in the OP... David Reeves isnt there anymore. Phil Harrison has funnily enough moved to Microsoft. Krazy Ken isnt there anymore. Idei isnt there anymore. Ephraim Ive never even heard of, not sure if hes still with Sony. Lynton has nothing to do with games. Stringer is gone. 

Jack Tretton is the same as hes always been, arrogant as hell. He doesnt drop the mic he throws the damn thing. 

Different PR, better results.