By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Strong 360 sales help Devil May Cry debut at No 1 (UK)

Sorry about the double post.

Around the Network

Well, DMC4 didn't increase console sell at all, so it becomes irrelvent in the long run of the console war.

Capcom continues its xbox biases by charging for PS3 version more. I hope it backfires on them

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
LordAkhenUlv said:
The ps2 defective rate was considerable but no where near the abysmal numbers of the 360...i just hope that, having an Elite, they managed to fix this up at least a bit...all i know is that if my 360 gives out on me im going to really have second thoughts on this machine (because no matter what people say my ps2 is still as solid and perfect as diamond...horrid analogy i know)

To get back on the topic, i really dont think its the install time has had an effect on the sales, as someone mentioned, i doubt that many people know about all this, and that when they face it, theyll probably think it as normal...

In any case, Capcoms move which i consider ill fated is the price tag, that is something im having trouble with understanding.

The difference is that if you have a problem with your 360, you can send it out and have it fixed for three years.  Sony gave a flying f*ck if your ps2 was broke and made you buy another one. 

The install for the game wasn't really nessary and I don't think the price of the game made people buy it for one console or the other.

In America the game is set at the same price. Is the game discounted only in the UK?

GGE

What are you talking about? If you were actually smart, you'd know that the PS3 version is 1/3 more expensive than the 360 version. That's why it sold more on the 360. But you'd like to not look at the facts, rather, you'd want to look at fiction, and believe the install is that big a deal. The price is the biggest factor in between the two consoles. Not 22 minutes out of your life. Wii fanboys made that a big deal, stating how the game wouldn't sell because of an install. But I digress, you don't want to hear any of this, you just like hearing bad news for Sony. but too bad you won't get that here.

You people really are eager to jump the gun.

My follow up comment was not in regard to the 360 outselling the PS3 version, its in regard to the luke warm sales of an expensive HD game which was suppossed to be a AAA title.

So far DMC4 has barely done better than DMC3 (which sold poorly for the instalation base on the PS2, so spare me the "this gen vs last gen" instal base argument as a defense for DMC4) or Lair for that matter, if it doesn't do fathoms of wonder in North America it'll be questionable exactly how much of a profit if any Capcom will make off of this title. That was the reason for my comment, not this situation with the 360 vs PS3.

Though I should have known any comment questioning the viability of a game not released on the Wii would immediately warrant the ire of rabid HD gaming fans. Face it, this game isn't selling poorly, but it isn't exactly selling at the levels it should be either.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:

My follow up comment was not in regard to the 360 outselling the PS3 version, its in regard to the luke warm sales of an expensive HD game which was suppossed to be a AAA title.

So far DMC4 has barely done better than DMC3 (which sold poorly for the instalation base on the PS2, so spare me the "this gen vs last gen" instal base argument as a defense for DMC4) or Lair for that matter, if it doesn't do fathoms of wonder in North America it'll be questionable exactly how much of a profit if any Capcom will make off of this title. That was the reason for my comment, not this situation with the 360 vs PS3.

Though I should have known any comment questioning the viability of a game not released on the Wii would immediately warrant the ire of rabid HD gaming fans. Face it, this game isn't selling poorly, but it isn't exactly selling at the levels it should be either.

So you are stating that DMC4 so far is doing better then DMC3 (which sold almost 2 million copies) would barely make Capcom any money? That is just a silly statement even if development costs are 30 mil they would still make plenty money.

As to your point about that people jumped on you about the viability of making a game on HD consoles instead of the Wii once again that is just a response from another person just wishing they could get some more variety out of their system.

Now I play my Wii slightly less then my other 2 consoles but I enjoy them all the same. Please just stop hating there is no need for it. The Wii will get different type of games then the other 2 and I like it that way as DMC4 just would be a horrible game if they made it for the Wii. And while it may sell over 1 mil in copies on the Wii (Carnival games) that doesnt necassarily mean that it would be a good game. Let's just enjoy the games on the Wii like No more heroes and such that you will never see on the HD consoles.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

JGarret said:
GGE,why do you dislike 'the HD consoles' so much?

who knows?maybe because she doesnt own em

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@GGe

When DMC3 SOLD 450K in EU ---- LIFETME

HOW? do you excpect DMC4 to sell in the 1st week..

it's sold 180K combined, basicaly almost half the lifetime sales of DMC3 in EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Girl Gamer Elite said:

This is some of the worst logic I've ever seen and it shows a complete lack of knowledge regarding the DMC franchise and how much it sells. Firstly, DMC4 is selling basically exactly the same as DMC3 which sold around 2mil copies and that is Capcom's projected target which DMC4 will break easily. Secondly, we have no idea what the budget for DMC4 was and therefore cannot even hope to know what number is required for profit nor is that our problem. Thirdly, DMC3 only sold 520k units in Europe so how much was expected in it's first 3 days? Europe are not front loaded in their sales as Japan, if you haven't already noticed.

I really wish people would drop this "profit" argument as we really don't have a clue how many sales are required for profit and the Capcom rep on the Capcom forums reported that he is very happy with the DMC4 sales thus far and that's all that matters. When DMC5 is for the PS3/360/PC again you will come to learn.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

180K in Europe in two days is luke war?. 440k in Japan and Europe first week is luke warm? With NA added it will be between 600-700k first week. That is probably break even point money wise. The game will likely go on to sell 2-2.5M copies, which is a great success.