By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Strong 360 sales help Devil May Cry debut at No 1 (UK)

I'm really surprised as I didn't expect a franchise so deeply rooted on the Playstation to actually do this well on the 360.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=32972

Strong 360 sales help Devil May Cry 4 debut at No.1

Matt Martin 08:30 (BST) 12/02/2008

"The latest title in the former Sony exclusive franchise Devil May Cry has debuted in the UK's All Formats charts at number one, with the lion's share of sales on the Xbox 360.

Sixty one per cent of sales were on the Microsoft console, with the rest on Sony's PlayStation 3 and PC. The game is number one in the All Formats charts but also the individual format charts as well."

Around the Network

This is a sign of things to come this gen, even if the 360 does come in third. The damage has already been done, the 360 is already a massive success.

Strong TV advertiseing, large install base, $20 cheaper than the PS3 version. I would have been shocked if it hadn't done well.

^^ all things Sony should've done to make it sell better.

Hmm 61 Percent on 360, PS3 version must have done better outside uk as it is pretty much 50/50

but for a franchise with 3 titles on PS consoles to come out and sell more in europe, (more dominant PS3 in software atm) it shows alot of ps2 gamers got 360's. if it was not for japan DMC would sell more on 360 LTD will this trend continue with RE and GTA etc?

Around the Network

That 22 minute install feature probably hurt sales on the PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

microsoft is really doing well on the software side of things

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

@ brainteeth, PS3 software is outselling 360 software in Europe.

If a game is £10 cheaper, then more people are going to buy it than the one £10 more, and I don't think this game boosted console sales in Europe, so most of the people who bought it moved from PS2 to 360, or just heard good things about this game. However, for everyone who has both consoles, they are going to get the 360 one because it is £10 cheaper. This game has also been very well reviewed, so that will attract people to buy it who have never heard of the series before

Anyway, the 360 has double the install base in the UK, and outsells the PS3 weekly

I just read that the DMC4 demo has been downloaded over a million times on Xbox Live. I haven't played it, but it may have played a part in overall superior Xbox sales.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS