By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Strong 360 sales help Devil May Cry debut at No 1 (UK)

x360: 1,978,553 - 70%
ps3: 847,023 - 30%
Total: 2,825,576
Xbox accounts for 61 per cent of DMC4 sold in UK
LoL, DMC4 on x360 sold less, then the market share of x360 is.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
This is indeed a surprise where the PS3 is dominating the 360 otherwise in Europe. I guess people aren't tempted by the 25 minute preloading and 8GB instalation of the PS3 version.

The sales figures were from uk where 360 is (still) dominant. Figures from continental Europe are in favor of the PS3 version.

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

I played that junk last night ... it's pretty cool and there are some load times on the 360, but you really don't notice unless you have a stopwatch close by.

" all things Sony should've done to make it sell better."

??? It is a game that is identical on PS3 and 360. The userbase for 360s is much larger in the UK and someone is surprised that it sold a few copies more for 360 than for PS3? You think too much. I am more surprised that it is so close.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
That 22 minute install feature probably hurt sales on the PS3

Yeah, no one cares about that, most probably don't even know. It's the price. 

Around the Network
Salamursu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
This is indeed a surprise where the PS3 is dominating the 360 otherwise in Europe. I guess people aren't tempted by the 25 minute preloading and 8GB instalation of the PS3 version.

The sales figures were from uk where 360 is (still) dominant. Figures from continental Europe are in favor of the PS3 version.

Yes but the PS3 is outselling the 360 on a week to week basis as it stands now so its still a surprise. Not that it matters how one spins it. Either way, the numbers aren't encouraging for an alleged AAA title, depending on how the game does in North America, Capcom may want to rethink their investment in the HD consoles.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Salamursu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Yes but the PS3 is outselling the 360 on a week to week basis as it stands now so its still a surprise. Not that it matters how one spins it. Either way, the numbers aren't encouraging for an alleged AAA title, depending on how the game does in North America, Capcom may want to rethink their investment in the HD consoles.

That is a seriously idiotic response. Why would they rethink their investment on HD consoles because 1 day in sales added up to be more on the 360 then the PS3? Also it took a AAA title by the name of Resident evil 4 37 weeks to sell 1.5 mil on the mighty Wii I guarantee it won't take half that long on combined console sales of the 360 and PS3 to sell 1.5 mil DMC4 considering they are already above 400K with no numbers from Japan and NA yet. I love the Wii but why do some fans have to make idiotic attacks on the other consoles cause thier system can't run a specific game and get jealous.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Salamursu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

What the hell are you talking about, Gamer Girl? Something tells me you're just mad that you don't get to play the game, and know just how awesome Devil May Cry is.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

doom102575 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Salamursu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

That is a seriously idiotic response. Why would they rethink their investment on HD consoles because 1 day in sales added up to be more on the 360 then the PS3? Also it took a AAA title by the name of Resident evil 4 37 weeks to sell 1.5 mil on the mighty Wii I guarantee it won't take half that long on combined console sales of the 360 and PS3 to sell 1.5 mil DMC4 considering they are already above 400K with no numbers from Japan and NA yet. I love the Wii but why do some fans have to make idiotic attacks on the other consoles cause thier system can't run a specific game and get jealous.

thats is seriouly even a more idiotic response!! Now way a game who has already been released four times would have sol more on th HD consoles, You do now that it sold 4 times more than Capcom was hoping for?

SleepWaking said:
doom102575 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Salamursu said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

thats is seriouly even a more idiotic response!! Now way a game who has already been released four times would have sol more on th HD consoles, You do now that it sold 4 times more than Capcom was hoping for?

First of all just due to a game getting released 4 times doesn't mean that many people owned it that bought a Wii that statement is idiotic itself. And Capcoms estimates were on a low Wii userbase not expecting (as the many in the industry didn't expect) the Wii to sell like it is. So get some facts straight before you make invalid statements.

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)