By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Strong 360 sales help Devil May Cry debut at No 1 (UK)

I can't understand why people keep bitching about the install. Yes, it should be optional but really i'd get prefer playing the game 22 minutes later than playing it when i get it and waiting for loadings all over the game.

The reason the 360 version sold better is clearly the install base and the cheaper price point.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
x360: 1,978,553 - 70%
ps3: 847,023 - 30%
Total: 2,825,576
Xbox accounts for 61 per cent of DMC4 sold in UK
LoL, DMC4 on x360 sold less, then the market share of x360 is.

don't forget they numbers in the OP included PC sales.  just because the 360 grabbed 61% of the DMC4 sales doesn't mean that the ps3 got the remaining 39%.  All in all it looks like the numbers scaled pretty well to install base which makes sense since this game isn't a huge system seller. 

well thats fine the 360 has a bigger install base of course it will sell more thats a big fat duh...thing is the ps3 version is close...... thats bad and looking at the rasing sells of the ps3 most games we will see that are on both systems will start to sell more on ps3.

its sad that microsoft cut the 1st xbox and everyone had to buy the new xbox...then it broke on everyone and people still like it... i mean sony is evil i no at least sonys shit works... even ps2 defective rate was much less then 360....

let's see which version has the bestter legs , as the initial sales were almost 50/50

@ kitler53 )

You mean the PC version ,which releases on the 31st of march is already included in that ratio ? I somehow doubt it.

link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devil-May-Cry-4-PC/dp/B000YXURVA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1202827409&sr=1-2

Around the Network

Sign of the times.

The ps2 defective rate was considerable but no where near the abysmal numbers of the 360...i just hope that, having an Elite, they managed to fix this up at least a bit...all i know is that if my 360 gives out on me im going to really have second thoughts on this machine (because no matter what people say my ps2 is still as solid and perfect as diamond...horrid analogy i know)

To get back on the topic, i really dont think its the install time has had an effect on the sales, as someone mentioned, i doubt that many people know about all this, and that when they face it, theyll probably think it as normal...

In any case, Capcoms move which i consider ill fated is the price tag, that is something im having trouble with understanding.

kitler53 said:
CrazzyMan said:
x360: 1,978,553 - 70%
ps3: 847,023 - 30%
Total: 2,825,576
Xbox accounts for 61 per cent of DMC4 sold in UK
LoL, DMC4 on x360 sold less, then the market share of x360 is.

don't forget they numbers in the OP included PC sales. just because the 360 grabbed 61% of the DMC4 sales doesn't mean that the ps3 got the remaining 39%. All in all it looks like the numbers scaled pretty well to install base which makes sense since this game isn't a huge system seller.

The PC version hasn't been released yet so the PS3 did have the remaining 39%

And you guys talk like it's Sony's job to market and sell DMC4 when in reality it's Capcom's job. I don't think Sony care about how DMC4 sells and they shouldn't care because it's not their problem.

GGE,why do you dislike 'the HD consoles' so much?

GGE,why do you dislike 'the HD consoles' so much?