By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

ethomaz said:

brendude13 said:

Because they're different games from different series. I'd say Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Bad Company 3 launching close together would be a better example.

So you proved my point... Demon's Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 can be launched close... different games that share the same genre.

Not really, Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Bad Company 3 launching so close together would be an extremely dumb move.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
shloob said:
iamdeath said:
shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

It clearly states Demon Souls spiritual successor.....you may know it already ,its called Dark Souls. It wouldn't be a spiritual successor if it was Demon Souls2 it would be a sequel. It is more than likely an announcement for Dark Souls 2 on ps4.

No.

Dark Souls was never Demon's Souls spiritual successor... From Software and Sony clarified that dozen of times.

BTW Demon's Souls > Dark Souls

You can't deny that it is Demon Souls spiritual successor. Its the same damn concept except Sony owns the rights to the Ip of Demon Souls itself and it was most definintely not better than Dark Souls. The final Boss in Demon souls is a total joke.

Demosn souls was better then dak, better bosses overall way better PVP. One boss doesn't negate the other 100+ hours of game. PVp in dark was terrible.

PvP was horrible in both games lol. Doesn't quite detract from the over all experience but its something they could definitely fix. I also wouldnt mind the option to just partner up with a friend if wanted to whether its designed to be that way or not. They could truly take the Demon/Dark Souls series to the next level with a few tweaks and a little more optimization. Hell half of the battle is fighting the clunky controls. Nothing worse than being way up high just to have your character magically slide off the edge and fall to his death lol

Umm no. PVP was epic in demons souls.. Clunky controls?????? No, the controls are perfect and it has the smoothest most precise comabt ever. not one review said the control were clinky...please. The combat animations and controls put every other RPF to shame. You don't know what you are talking about.

Now you are just getting ridiculous.  The games has horrendously clunky controls. The comabte is far from smooth and precise. You obviously eat, sleep and dream Demon souls and Dark souls. Therefore there is no reason to attempt to try and talk to someone as narrow minded an individual as you are.

Somini said:
ps3-sales! said:
Um, Okay so I haven't exactly played either game. But how would Demon's Souls 2 be different from Dark Souls 2?

Since you haven't played it, you shouldn't ask. Also even if someone gave you an answer, you wouldn't understand it.

Now go wash away your shame and pickup both games for less than 30 dollars.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Why should I care about demon souls when I can play dark souls 2

shloob said:
iamdeath said:

Umm no. PVP was epic in demons souls.. Clunky controls?????? No, the controls are perfect and it has the smoothest most precise comabt ever. not one review said the control were clinky...please. The combat animations and controls put every other RPF to shame. You don't know what you are talking about.

Now you are just getting ridiculous.  The games has horrendously clunky controls. The comabte is far from smooth and precise. You obviously eat, sleep and dream Demon souls and Dark souls. Therefore there is no reason to attempt to try and talk to someone as narrow minded an individual as you are.

?? Show me one review that doesn;t praise the combat and says the game has clunky controls??? The game is KNOWN for it's ultra precise combat and controls.....lmao. I'm sorry, buy you are saying it despite all evidence saying otherwise.

http://www.gamespot.com/demons-souls/

Every review, disagrees. one of many above.....

QUOTE:

It starts with the deliberate and wonderful combat, which doesn't seem complex at first, but reveals its subtleties in time. Rarely will mindlessly hacking and slashing get you anywhere, unless death is your ultimate goal. You need to contemplate every move, swing only when you are sure you won't be countered, and switch weapons or use items only when you are sure your window of opportunity is wide enough. You'll encounter all sorts of awesome and unnatural beasts, from tumbling skeletal fiends to frightful three-faced larvae, and while they have a set number of attacks, they still behave unpredictably. You will undoubtedly take a lot of damage until you learn the subtleties of fighting each enemy, but combat feels just right. You move with the right amount of weight, combos take time to pull off, and animations are silky smooth. Everything moves and interacts in the way you'd expect. If your sword hits the wall instead of the enemy, it will glance off. If a demon knight rears back just before you do the same, his sword will make contact at the part of your body that you left unprotected. These touches may seem small and unimportant, but when every second counts, and when life and death are separated by a millimeter or two, you rely on such consistency.

The challenging combat is enhanced by a number of innovative online features that invite players to interact with each other. To survive, you not only need to pay careful attention to your environs, but you must be mindful of the clues other players have left for you, both purposeful and accidental. The game's online integration is nothing like you've ever seen, and it's a core component of the Demon's Souls experience. The signs and indications of other players are everywhere. You'll see translucent white ghosts roaming your world, moving about and swinging their weapons, though you can't directly interact with them. These spirits are actually other players. They are fighting the same enemies and sprinting across the same bridges, but they inhabit their own worlds, not yours. You see only their apparitions, but those apparitions may be enough to clue you in to a surprise ambush up ahead or a bit of hidden loot around the corner.

So, why didn;t any reviews encounter this so called imprecise combat and clunky controls?

Around the Network

Well even though I platinumed Demon's Souls and can see the appeal I personally did not like it. Anything that gets more PS4s out in the wild is ok with me!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

More Souls games? Oh yes.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

platformmaster918 said:
Well even though I platinumed Demon's Souls and can see the appeal I personally did not like it. Anything that gets more PS4s out in the wild is ok with me!

You platinumed DS without liking it?  BS.   That Platinum required you to LOVE it!

faptastic news ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

HAHA love the gif.