By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

shloob said:

It clearly states Demon Souls spiritual successor.....you may know it already ,its called Dark Souls. It wouldn't be a spiritual successor if it was Demon Souls2 it would be a sequel. It is more than likely an announcement for Dark Souls 2 on ps4.

No.

Dark Souls was never Demon's Souls spiritual successor... From Software and Sony clarified that dozen of times.

BTW Demon's Souls > Dark Souls

Around the Network

Had no idea being a gaming journalist was so easy. Brb copy pasting every crazy theorist from Neogaf. Still would be nice if true.

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Somini said:
HOLY!!! This would be a great game to announce. If there is 1 game that would make get an Xbox One, it's this one. I just LOVEEEEE the Souls series.

This would never be on the X1. Demon's Souls is Sony owned.

OT: MASSIVE if true! Day 1, without hesitation! 

This is probably just Dark Souls 2 on PS4 isn't it?  I mean I love Demon's Souls to death (Platinumed both the NA and Chinese version), but Dark Souls is way too similar for there to be two separate series...

And look at me. I only beat phalanx and got a bronze trophy. I quit the game because of my short patience.

Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Captain_Tom said:
CGI-Quality said:
Somini said:
HOLY!!! This would be a great game to announce. If there is 1 game that would make get an Xbox One, it's this one. I just LOVEEEEE the Souls series.

This would never be on the X1. Demon's Souls is Sony owned.

OT: MASSIVE if true! Day 1, without hesitation! 

This is probably just Dark Souls 2 on PS4 isn't it?  I mean I love Demon's Souls to death (Platinumed both the NA and Chinese version), but Dark Souls is way too similar for there to be two separate series...

Yeah, I edited. "Spiritual Successor" suggests this is not a Demon's Souls sequel. They may have snagged this for the PS4, as an exclusive for next gen, however. In fact, that is what I expect.

For give me, though, I LOVED Demon's Souls.

Dude I have logged over 1000 hours of that game.  I have never had my expectations of a game curb stomped so hard.  It just blew me away.  But seriously I hope they do anounce DS2 on PS4 with the same release date of March.  I do not want it on PS3, and I am worried the PC version will not be well supported.  Plus the playstation community is just so much bigger than any other in this game.

Also listen to this and try not to get emotional about how much you miss "The Good ol' Days" :

Oh im having an origasim full of nostalgia right now :*D

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

ethomaz said:
shloob said:

It clearly states Demon Souls spiritual successor.....you may know it already ,its called Dark Souls. It wouldn't be a spiritual successor if it was Demon Souls2 it would be a sequel. It is more than likely an announcement for Dark Souls 2 on ps4.

No.

Dark Souls was never Demon's Souls spiritual successor... From Software and Sony clarified that dozen of times.

You can't deny that it is Demon Souls spiritual successor. Its the same damn concept except Sony owns the rights to the Ip of Demon Souls itself and it was most definintely not better than Dark Souls. The final Boss in Demon souls is a total joke.

Around the Network

A real reason to own the ps4.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

No.

You can't deny that it is Demon Souls spiritual successor. Its the same damn concept except Sony owns the rights to the Ip of Demon Souls itself and it was most definintely not better than Dark Souls. The final Boss in Demon souls is a total joke.

You haven't understood the lore of the game then. That was not the final boss. It's a part of the story to fight him in that shape. The ending boss is Alant.

shloob said:

So Skyrim too... same concept.

The game are similar but Dark Souls has nothing related with Demon's Souls... I played both thinking that but I got deceptioned.

PS. Alant is a crazy badass final boss.

shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

No.

Demosn souls was better then dak, better bosses overall way better PVP. One boss doesn't negate the other 100+ hours of game. PVp in dark was terrible.

Yes I understand the allure, and it exactly what it represented. Doesn't change the fact its extremely anti climactic especially when the rest of the game was so tough. There was no reward of pure satifaction.