By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

Not quite sure why Demon's Souls II and Dark Souls II would release so close to eachother.

Around the Network
Somini said:

You haven't understood the lore of the game then. That was not the final boss. It's a part of the story to fight him in that shape. The ending boss is Alant.

What was Allant doing inside the Old One? I never understood that.

brendude13 said:
Not quite sure why Demon's Souls II and Dark Souls II would release so close to eachother.

Why? Can you explain? Battlefield 4 and CoD will be launched close too.

shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

It clearly states Demon Souls spiritual successor.....you may know it already ,its called Dark Souls. It wouldn't be a spiritual successor if it was Demon Souls2 it would be a sequel. It is more than likely an announcement for Dark Souls 2 on ps4.

No.

Dark Souls was never Demon's Souls spiritual successor... From Software and Sony clarified that dozen of times.

BTW Demon's Souls > Dark Souls

You can't deny that it is Demon Souls spiritual successor. Its the same damn concept except Sony owns the rights to the Ip of Demon Souls itself and it was most definintely not better than Dark Souls. The final Boss in Demon souls is a total joke.

It was ment to be.  If anything the last boss in world 1 was the closer to a true last boss.  As for which game is better?

-Dark Souls is far more balanced, it has better graphics and animations, covenants are awesome, and the smithing system was way better.

-Demon's Souls had a much more coherant story.  It was amazing how it nearly had none, but near the end you realized you were becoming the true Demon just like Maiden Astrea,  King Allant, and all of those before them.  You could then save the world, or become what you fought.  Plus the concept of a Demon pyrimad scheme just makes 10x more sense than whatever was going on in Dark Souls lol.

-Also I feel the boss battles of Demon's Souls were just better.  The Monk's Headwrappings made another player the boss!!!   

Overall I would say it is a tie though.  They both have there pros and cons, but Dark Souls undeniably improved Demon's Souls core gameplay across the board.

Wright said:

Grrrr. Guess I'll have to put some money into Ps4. Kresnik will be pleased.

Minus Bell.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

It clearly states Demon Souls spiritual successor.....you may know it already ,its called Dark Souls. It wouldn't be a spiritual successor if it was Demon Souls2 it would be a sequel. It is more than likely an announcement for Dark Souls 2 on ps4.

No.

Dark Souls was never Demon's Souls spiritual successor... From Software and Sony clarified that dozen of times.

You can't deny that it is Demon Souls spiritual successor. Its the same damn concept except Sony owns the rights to the Ip of Demon Souls itself and it was most definintely not better than Dark Souls. The final Boss in Demon souls is a total joke.

Demosn souls was better then dak, better bosses overall way better PVP. One boss doesn't negate the other 100+ hours of game. PVp in dark was terrible.

PvP was horrible in both games lol. Doesn't quite detract from the over all experience but its something they could definitely fix. I also wouldnt mind the option to just partner up with a friend if wanted to whether its designed to be that way or not. They could truly take the Demon/Dark Souls series to the next level with a few tweaks and a little more optimization. Hell half of the battle is fighting the clunky controls. Nothing worse than being way up high just to have your character magically slide off the edge and fall to his death lol

ethomaz said:
brendude13 said:

Why? Can you explain? Battlefield 4 and CoD will be launched close too.

Because they're different games from different series. I'd say Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Bad Company 3 launching close together would be a better example.

shloob said:
iamdeath said:
shloob said:
ethomaz said:
shloob said:

No.

Demosn souls was better then dak, better bosses overall way better PVP. One boss doesn't negate the other 100+ hours of game. PVp in dark was terrible.

PvP was horrible in both games lol. Doesn't quite detract from the over all experience but its something they could definitely fix. I also wouldnt mind the option to just partner up with a friend if wanted to whether its designed to be that way or not. They could truly take the Demon/Dark Souls series to the next level with a few tweaks and a little more optimization. Hell half of the battle is fighting the clunky controls. Nothing worse than being way up high just to have your character magically slide off the edge and fall to his death lol

Umm no. PVP was epic in demons souls.. Clunky controls?????? No, the controls are perfect and it has the smoothest most precise comabt ever. not one review said the control were clinky...please. The combat animations and controls put every other RPG to shame. You don't know what you are talking about.

brendude13 said:

Because they're different games from different series. I'd say Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Bad Company 3 launching close together would be a better example.

So you proved my point... Demon's Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 can be launched close... different games that share the same genre.

i really hope they announce more than one game at that event. im not really a fan of demons souls.