By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

kabamarutr said:

On Dark Souls, on the other hand, choices are limited. Sooner or later, you understand that the Black Knight set is the only option.

I beat both games, Demon's and Dark Souls, with exactly the same weapon in both: the Uchitagana. The Black Knight set was waaay too heavy for my character, and I think that dexterity > poise.

Around the Network
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:

On Dark Souls, on the other hand, choices are limited. Sooner or later, you understand that the Black Knight set is the only option.

I beat both games, Demon's and Dark Souls, with exactly the same weapon in both: the Uchitagana. The Black Knight set was waaay too heavy for my character, and I think that dexterity > poise.

If you had a weapon with "S" factor in Dexterity (like "Hiltless" in Demon's), you could build with Dexterity and have equal measures of Damage as a Black Knight Great Axe with Strength Build. Mind you, it is not that the game cannot be finished (or even played) with another weapon or style. It's a frail detail that many people did not notice. It is just that Demon's did not have a "mega-weapon". Damage varied even because of tendency. In Dark, for a long time, all you could see was people dragging the axe behind them.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:

If you had a weapon with "S" factor in Dexterity (like "Hiltless" in Demon's), you could build with Dexterity and have equal measures of Damage as a Black Knight Great Axe with Strength Build. Mind you, it is not that the game cannot be finished (or even played) with another weapon or style. It's a frail detail that many people did not notice. It is just that Demon's did not have a "mega-weapon". Damage varied even because of tendency. In Dark, for a long time, all you could see was people dragging the axe behind them.

Hiltless was crap. It hurt you whenever you swinged the damned weapon :P

My favourite strategy was bleeding-out enemies. Something you can achieve with Uchitagana pretty easily. I tend to win some PvP battles thanks to bleeding-out the rival.

Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:

Hiltless was crap. It hurt you whenever you swinged the damned weapon :P

My favourite strategy was bleeding-out enemies. Something you can achieve with Uchitagana pretty easily. I tend to win some PvP battles thanks to bleeding-out the rival.

Of course! Everyplay has his/hers prefered strategy and each and every one of them work. That's part of Souls game magic. "Presenting" your theory of the game, your interpretation of the rules, controls and attack/defence mechanisms and gradually rise to the top. A low human husk rising to be "god" or whatever, through seer work, effort, failure and repetition. In reality: a human player proven to be better than another human player, through work and patience. That's the common "story" in both games. Pretty Japanese I think (considering their educational system and high competition on job field). Also a major difference from western RPGs, where the protagonist is a Messiah, a Chosen One, a Demigod etc, always in slumber. 

kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
Well we have dark souls 2 so im not really excited for this at all lol.

Why not? If you like Dark Souls, it's more than probable that you'd like a possible Demon's Souls 2 game. That's considering you haven't played the first one. If you did, then I cannot understand your statement at all.

I beat it and liked it. Then I beat dark souls and liked it even more. Their both by the same dev so why would I want a demon souls sequel by a different dev when im getting dark souls 2 by the original devs who keep proving their getting better at making these types of games. Not a fan of getting the same themed games, especially if they release kinda close togethor. 

Well, opinion and taste should always be respected. It's just that If you like a game or a specific genre you should probably rejoice at news of yet another addition in your preferred gaming choice. Why wouldn't you? If it turns out to be true, I would certainly buy both and invest equal time. 

See normally I would but the games are so similar to me that it's just overall a strange thing seeing a demon souls 2 while were about to get a dark souls 2. Don't get me wrong if it does come out I may get it depending. 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:

Why not? If you like Dark Souls, it's more than probable that you'd like a possible Demon's Souls 2 game. That's considering you haven't played the first one. If you did, then I cannot understand your statement at all.

I beat it and liked it. Then I beat dark souls and liked it even more. Their both by the same dev so why would I want a demon souls sequel by a different dev when im getting dark souls 2 by the original devs who keep proving their getting better at making these types of games. Not a fan of getting the same themed games, especially if they release kinda close togethor. 

Well, opinion and taste should always be respected. It's just that If you like a game or a specific genre you should probably rejoice at news of yet another addition in your preferred gaming choice. Why wouldn't you? If it turns out to be true, I would certainly buy both and invest equal time. 

See normally I would but the games are so similar to me that it's just overall a strange thing seeing a demon souls 2 while were about to get a dark souls 2. Don't get me wrong if it does come out I may get it depending. 

Oh, I don't get you wrong at all. It seems weird to me, but I love those games and I can't help it but shout "Yayy!". Another reason for my enhtusiasm is this: I'm getting Dark Souls 2 this March, all very well done. Play the game for a year and so and then... Demon's Souls 2 hits the market, just as I am about to make the next gen jump. Normally I'd have to wait a couple of years for Dark Souls 3, so why not play another souls game in the meantime?

kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:

Oh, I don't get you wrong at all. It seems weird to me, but I love those games and I can't help it but shout "Yayy!". Another reason for my enhtusiasm is this: I'm getting Dark Souls 2 this March, all very well done. Play the game for a year and so and then... Demon's Souls 2 hits the market, just as I am about to make the next gen jump. Normally I'd have to wait a couple of years for Dark Souls 3, so why not play another souls game in the meantime?

Thats a very good point. So long as the releases aren't to close ill probably feel the same as you. 

Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:
kabamarutr said:
Mad55 said:

Thats a very good point. So long as the releases aren't to close ill probably feel the same as you. 

We can only hope. If it is announced this November, I guess it will take a year or so before it hits the market. :)

Soriku said:
kabamarutr said:
Kane1389 said:
No one could possibly make an objective argument as to why Demon's Souls is any way, shape or form better than Dark Souls.

No one.

On Dark Souls, on the other hand, choices are limited. Sooner or later, you understand that the Black Knight set is the only option. That's why I guess we saw so many players wielding the Black Knight Great Axe in the early days of the game. If I am not mistaken, there has been several updates that brought balance to the choice of melee attacking, but is still not just as free as Demon's was.

This isn't true at all. By then end of the game I had chosen the Giant armor set. Fully upgraded it has the best defense in the game. But in PvP I see wide varities of armor sets. I see Giant armor every now and then but I never see anyone using the Black Knight set. Neither the Great Axe.

If it's not true (at all), then please suggest an "S" factored weapon for dexterity and luck build.

Soriku said:
kabamarutr said:

If it's not true (at all), then please suggest an "S" factored weapon for dexterity and luck build.

I don't play dexterity and luck builds so I don't know. Not that having an "S" weapon really matters considering you can get your ass kicked by a variety of weapons. S-scaled weapons aren't the only viable ones, otherwise my Int-based Moonlight Greatsword build (with S-scaling in Int) would never lose, which isn't the case.

Which wasn't the case in Demon's as well, but that is not the issue. You claimed that what I stated was not at all true. When asked to prove said claim, you said that you don't know, because you don't play those builds. Demon's Souls had a representative - if I'm allowed that term - of an "S" factor in almost every build (if not all). It had even one for character tendency. This is not a gamebreaker. "S" does not beat anything , as you very correctly stated. Yet, it provides variety and balance.

Think about it: Why only have the Moonlight Greatsword - an "S" factored on Intelligence - and not something in other categories? Wouldn't that bring variety and choice of play? I had a friend with maxed out Green bar and pathetic Blue and Red correspondingly. He wielded two "hiltless" katana's making his initial stroke swift and nigh terminal. If he landed a blow first, most of the time he won. If not, he got killed easily. Yet, it was his choice of play and should be respected.

Anyway, I feel it is necessary to repeat that this trivial fact does not make a game better than another. It is just an answer - in good spirit - to the fellow some posts above who claimed that none can never find any (or other similar absolute expressions) elements in the first game that are better than their corresponding ones in the second.