By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:
No one could possibly make an objective argument as to why Demon's Souls is any way, shape or form better than Dark Souls.

No one.

Umm no, flat wrong. PVP alone was way better as were bosses. Only thing dark had was more open world................. PVP was a major part of the souls games.

Stunlocking from every weapon and extreme lag; sure man sure. And the bosses? That's purely opinion and is subjective. Come on people if you're going to state your opinions so aggresively at least say so.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:
No one could possibly make an objective argument as to why Demon's Souls is any way, shape or form better than Dark Souls.

No one.

Umm no, flat wrong. PVP alone was way better as were bosses. Only thing dark had was more open world................. PVP was a major part of the souls games.

Stunlocking from every weapon and extreme lag; sure man sure. And the bosses? That's purely opinion and is subjective. Come on people if you're going to state your opinions so aggresively at least say so.

Total BS, never ever had that issue, nor anyone I know who played it, neither did an reviews...sorry, don;t believe a word of your post.

iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:
iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:

No one.

No poise system, completely broken lagstabing structure, constantly popping grass, unescapable stunlocking, you cant invade while in human form, no covenants(thus its a very straighr foward simple repetitive pvp structure ''kill the host, get your body back, die on purpose, repeat...)

Now you just making up stuff. Combat was identical. What different tactics were then in dark that weren't in demons? Graphics are identical in both.

Lagstabing?? What are you even talking about? Popping grass?? YEah cannot take you seriously.

Unescapable stunlocking??? What?

Can't invade in human form? Did you even play demons souls? Flat lies. You HAVE to be i human form.

Demons had world tendency, better PVP, better bosses.

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed this. 

I can't take you seriously and neither should anyone else who played the Souls games as extensively or more than I have. I bolded what I found that you put to be false information or your opinion which you forgot to mention is subjective. I've got hundreds upon hundreds of hours dumped into both games, I know all strategies both games offer for pve and pvp, what you're saying is complete madness and should be disregarded by everyone.

Edit: I've seen enough in this thread..no point guys lol I leave you with this! =D

Kane1389 said:
Xen said:
Kane1389 said:

No one.

lol.

1) Less pointless running between locations.

You mean an actual connected, structured, alive world?

2) Better environments. Much more urban and gothic, which works better both with the atmosphere and with the engine itself.

No. Demon Souls had a grand total of 5 different enviroments and 1 of them sucked (stonefang levels). Dark Souls has everything that you'd want in a medieval setting, and there's just so much more variety.

3) More concise storytelling,

The whole story is basically told in the intro and the ending of the game. NOTHING in between. Dark Souls's lore is much much more richer, better and has an actual construction.

4) The Nexus, giving you a much better sense of "ooooh, finally a break from this" than any campfire

Big, empty boring room which takes you out of the immersion and atmosphere of the game

5) I found the bosses to be more exciting and tougher to beat

The only hard ones being Flamelurker, King Allant and to smaller extent Maneater

just to name a few.

Now here are my reasons

1.) Better world ( i cant emphasize enough how better it is)

2.) More weapons, spells, armour, items, NPCs

3.) Bigger variety in enemies, enviroments, tactics and character design

4.) Much, much better PvP structure (big + for me)

5.) More bosses

6.) Better graphics

7.) It encourages exploring since it has many levels which you dont need to complete

8.) No bullshit world/character tendecy crap, that kept me from accessing many areas and weapons in the game

9.) Covenants making PvP and farming more interesting and rewarding

10.) You cant relly on magic and old spice/grass popping through the game

11.) You arent limited in PvP by being in human form

....there are just so many reasons why Dark Souls is an improvement in every way imaginable

A few linked corridors is an alive world now? Nexus is a big boring room?

Yeah, argue with yourself. I don't even want to write back to this if you're just insulting the game, and you are.

blkfish92 said:
iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:
iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:

No one.

No poise system, completely broken lagstabing structure, constantly popping grass, unescapable stunlocking, you cant invade while in human form, no covenants(thus its a very straighr foward simple repetitive pvp structure ''kill the host, get your body back, die on purpose, repeat...)

Now you just making up stuff. Combat was identical. What different tactics were then in dark that weren't in demons? Graphics are identical in both.

Lagstabing?? What are you even talking about? Popping grass?? YEah cannot take you seriously.

Can't invade in human form? Did you even play demons souls? Flat lies. You HAVE to be i human form.

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed this. 

I can't take you seriously and neither should anyone else who played the Souls games as extensively or more than I have. I bolded what I found that you put to be false information or your opinion which you forgot to mention is subjective. I've got hundreds upon hundreds of hours dumped into both games, I know all strategies both games offer for pve and pvp, what you're saying is complete madness and should be disregarded by everyone.

Edit: I've seen enough in this thread..no point guys lol

So do I, and if you go to the Sousl forum and say dark souls had better PVP they will laugh you off the forum, heck even the DEVELOP said they were sorry for the PVP in dark soulks...why is that? Your saying the developer was wrong? I have hundreds of hours into both too, point?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
No one needs to give an objective argument as to why Demons souls is better... you know... because taste isnt objective. The quicker you accept that the quicker you can cease the pointless argument

Exactly. For the record I found Dark Souls to be better overall. :p

Well we have dark souls 2 so im not really excited for this at all lol.

Mad55 said:
Well we have dark souls 2 so im not really excited for this at all lol.

Why not? If you like Dark Souls, it's more than probable that you'd like a possible Demon's Souls 2 game. That's considering you haven't played the first one. If you did, then I cannot understand your statement at all.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:
iamdeath said:
Kane1389 said:

No one.

No, they weren't compare the levels and characters in DmS and DkS and come back here

As in laggy backstabbing attacks. They are frequent in DkS too, but nowhere near as much as in DmS. In DmS its just insane

Stunlocking due to absence of poise system? Have you even played DmS PvP? You can stunlock anyone wearing old king's armour just as easly as someone wearing wanderer's armour. 

Can't invade in human form? Did you even play demons souls? Flat lies. You HAVE to be i human form. Uhh, no, you can  NOT invade in human form in Demon Souls. How long did you play this game? You dont seem to know the basics of PvP system there.

You've presented no arguments to support that claim.

Xen said:
Kane1389 said:
Xen said:
Kane1389 said:

No one.

lol.

1) Less pointless running between locations.

You mean an actual connected, structured, alive world?

2) Better environments. Much more urban and gothic, which works better both with the atmosphere and with the engine itself.

No. Demon Souls had a grand total of 5 different enviroments and 1 of them sucked (stonefang levels). Dark Souls has everything that you'd want in a medieval setting, and there's just so much more variety.

3) More concise storytelling,

The whole story is basically told in the intro and the ending of the game. NOTHING in between. Dark Souls's lore is much much more richer, better and has an actual construction.

4) The Nexus, giving you a much better sense of "ooooh, finally a break from this" than any campfire

Big, empty boring room which takes you out of the immersion and atmosphere of the game

5) I found the bosses to be more exciting and tougher to beat

The only hard ones being Flamelurker, King Allant and to smaller extent Maneater

just to name a few.

Now here are my reasons

1.) Better world ( i cant emphasize enough how better it is)

2.) More weapons, spells, armour, items, NPCs

3.) Bigger variety in enemies, enviroments, tactics and character design

4.) Much, much better PvP structure (big + for me)

5.) More bosses

6.) Better graphics

7.) It encourages exploring since it has many levels which you dont need to complete

8.) No bullshit world/character tendecy crap, that kept me from accessing many areas and weapons in the game

9.) Covenants making PvP and farming more interesting and rewarding

10.) You cant relly on magic and old spice/grass popping through the game

11.) You arent limited in PvP by being in human form

....there are just so many reasons why Dark Souls is an improvement in every way imaginable

A few linked corridors is an alive world now? Nexus is a big boring room?

Yeah, argue with yourself. I don't even want to write back to this if you're just insulting the game, and you are.

Linked corridors? 

Anor Londo, Darkroot Forest, Painted World and Lost Izalith would like to have a word with you

And please understand, i am not insulting the game. Its probably my 3rd favorite RPG ever (after Dark and Fallout 3) I've put over 500 hours into it. But to deny the clear improvments Dark Souls is rather foolish