By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Demon Souls 2 May Be Announced at Sony Nov. 15 Event

Xen said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Xen said:
Slimebeast said:
lol so many people are commenting here only because it's a chance for a Sony exclusive game.

In ordinary Dark Souls threads you usually get 10-20 comments. But now that it's something Sony related it's almost a 100 posts. Thats pretty sad. People focus on console wars, not the games themseleves.

*now somebody will try to assure how superior Demon's Souls was over Dark Souls*

Playing Dark Souls now, and so far, I like Demon's Souls much more.

Do it Sony! And no open world please.

THIS^

I prefer Demon way more than Dark. I think it has something to do with the Nexus. The game's story mythos bleeds into every aspect of the gameplay. The Nexus Hub world not only acted as a resting place where you could more easily seek out which location to do next, but also was a reminder that your Soul was bound to it.

Bosses, better in Demons. Storywise and strategy. Maiden Astrea basically not fighting back (rather having many who were just willing to protect her) is such a strong moment. You realize that you might not be the hero you claim to be. She tells you as much as you tear her to shreds so you can covet her Demon Soul. At least she only became a demon because she was absorbing all the Sin and Darkness from everyone in the Pit, a Martyr. And having the guy in the tower of Latria Summon you into another player's world and forced into a fight to the death? Most inventive Boss fight since Psycho Mantis in MGS.

I was always hoping a Sequel would arise, so I can travel through Bolataria once more. Also assumed that at some point From was going to release DLC for the Destroyed world (Land of Giants). That one broken stone hindering you traveling there always sat in the back of my mind.....

...which is not to say that Dark Souls is bad. It's awesome, but just much less atmospheric (outside of castles and urban areas, those rule).

Won't talk of the blackened, but the music and the atmosphere as you enter THAT part of the swamp... it is hard to describe in words.

Yes, Dark Souls is great too, I just prefer many things of Demon's Souls.

Dat Music....

I still have the Soundtrack to Demon's Souls. I listen to it while playing Soul Sacrifice on vita (fits perfectly). Maiden Astrea's them is one of my favorites. Alongside Leechmonger's

Astrea's Theme

Storm King (gets me so amped for a fight)

One Who Craves Souls

The Beginning

Tales of Old

Demon Souls Theme

Maiden in Black (Just Beautifully Haunting)

and let us never forget that Creepy Organ in "Old King Allant"

One of my top 5 soundtracks in a video game.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
Xen said:
PureDante said:

...I don't get it. Why announced Demon's Souls 2 when you can just make Dark Souls 2 for PS4 exclusive..?

Because:

1) The games are same, but different

2) That would involve lots of money and pissed-off fans, X360 2008-9 style

3) Two games are better than one

I think everyone is also forgetting that Dark Souls II isn't coming to Next Gen....

A Demon's Souls 2 will not have to directly compete with sales of Dark, as they will be on entirely different platforms. You can think of it as an Exclusive Dark Souls II version for Next Gen i guess.

Greatness Awaits

No thank you. Demons souls was tourcher enough and besides Dark Souls is pretty much the same thing.

Max King of the Wild said:
No thank you. Demons souls was tourcher enough and besides Dark Souls is pretty much the same thing.

Souls games are like BDSM Bondage Play. At first you hate the pain but then....unexpectedly....you start to like it :P lol

Greatness Awaits

It could be the game to get me to buy a ps4 if done right. But right now i dont know if it is a reason because Dark souls and Demon's souls are practically the same game but Demon's souls is more linear where as dark souls is open world.  From the sounds of it Dark Souls II could be on next-gen which is very welcoming as well.

For anybody who says Dark Souls isnt the spiritual successor you can not deny that they are insanely similar to one another, even sharing the name souls, same artstyle, same mechanics, same online system, same gameplay style, as well as farming souls etc.

Around the Network

so ill be able to complete 1 souls game early next year, then another one late next year??? YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Here's my foresight; It's a miss translation, we'll most likely get a major trailer and a lot of information on Dark Souls 2. It would make absolutely no sense for a Demon's Souls 2 to be released as Dark Souls is Demon's Souls 2 and anyone who says otherwise is a tortoise of some sort, the slow sort. In the unlikely chance we do so Miyazaki's next game, it'll probably be something completely new or a dungeon crawler that is detached from the already established Souls series; maybe something lighter and has major different mechanics.

I highly doubt this will announced at Sony's little get together. Actually I feel rather confident nothing along the lines of Demon Souls 2 will be announced at the November 15 event.
Would anyone like to take a bet on it? I'll take a 30-day ban(at users convenience) if wrong, if I'm right challenger takes a 15-day ban(at my convenience).

Cj2i3 said:
I highly doubt this will announced at Sony's little get together. Actually I feel rather confident nothing along the lines of Demon Souls 2 will be announced at the November 15 event.
Would anyone like to take a bet on it? I'll take a 30-day ban(at users convenience) if wrong, if I'm right challenger takes a 15-day ban(at my convenience).

My bet is Dark Souls II for Next-gen if anything souls related.  i dont think it would make sense releasing Demons Souls and Dark Souls so close together.

JayWood2010 said:
Cj2i3 said:

My bet is Dark Souls II for Next-gen if anything souls related.  i dont think it would make sense releasing Demons Souls and Dark Souls so close together.

That's why I feel so confident XD

It will get some consumers confused, especially announcing another souls game 3-4 months before 1 releases. If FromSoft and Namco were willing to release Dark Souls on PC a year later, I can definitely see Dark Souls II getting a next-gen release 6-12 months later if the demand is there.