By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brilliant article on why Mario Galaxy is game of the generation

Tagged games:

Carl2291 said:
As a Wii owner who doesnt own SMG. Is it worth buying?

Yup, the first one. If you want more of the same, guess you can buy the second one too.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
As a Wii owner who doesnt own SMG. Is it worth buying?

Without a doubt.  Both of them.

i dont have to read the article too long but I agree

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

not my pick but it still deserves it

archbrix said:
RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Super Mario Galaxy is indeed a masterpiece. Music, art direction, level design, controls, even storytelling are all outstanding.

I would place BioShock slightly above it in terms of "game of the generation," but that doesn't take anything away from Galaxy.

Would you kindly retract your last statement? You are a good poster, so you don't have to feign anything.

@bolded:  No, he won't.

OT:  Nevertheless, both Galaxy games are true masterpieces.  Easily two of the best games ever made in any generation.

You didn´t get the joke

It was a reference to the twist in BioShock.... which admittedly was pretty cool as was  it´s depiction of an utopia gone wrong

Around the Network
orniletter said:
archbrix said:
RolStoppable said:

Would you kindly retract your last statement? You are a good poster, so you don't have to feign anything.

@bolded:  No, he won't.

OT:  Nevertheless, both Galaxy games are true masterpieces.  Easily two of the best games ever made in any generation.

You didn´t get the joke

It was a reference to the twist in BioShock.... which admittedly was pretty cool as was  it´s depiction of an utopia gone wrong

I got it, but I'm immune to it already.  I allowed Mother Goose to play around in my egg salad...

Nope. Bioshock 1.

Good game though.

famousringo said:
Any excuse to post this video again.

I kid you not, this clip pushed me over the edge into getting a Wii, back in '09.

Persona 5 hasn't been released yet so I'd say it's the provisional game of the generation.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Platformer perfection. It got played for around 80 hours on my console. Mario, then Luigi, then playing more just for the sheer fun of it.

I actually still have Galaxy 2 sitting on my shelf. I am saving it to be one of the last games I play on the Wii before moving on. It is going to be glorious.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)