By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Holy Hell. This is a Launch title??? New Ryse Trailer.

pokoko said:
selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
No in-gameplay graphics?

There was gameplay in that trailer. LOL.

Proves the point that Ryse is the first ever game to use the same engine for cutscene and gameplay. Next week Crytek just confirmed we get to see the final build of Ryse SINGLEPLAYER. Live on Twitter.

Tis game looks insane.

Got a source for that?  I'd like to read it, please.  I'm almost certain other games have used the same engine for both, though perhaps there are other differences.

Metal gear solid does that since PS1 days

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
pokoko said:
selnor1983 said:
Lawlight said:
No in-gameplay graphics?

There was gameplay in that trailer. LOL.

Proves the point that Ryse is the first ever game to use the same engine for cutscene and gameplay. Next week Crytek just confirmed we get to see the final build of Ryse SINGLEPLAYER. Live on Twitter.

Tis game looks insane.

Got a source for that?  I'd like to read it, please.  I'm almost certain other games have used the same engine for both, though perhaps there are other differences.

Metal gear solid does that since PS1 days

Loads of games did, hes obviously going to claim otherwise though because it destracts from his grand (and flawed) statement.

Graphics look insane

Osc89 said:
Aldro said:

Was playing this at a Swedish game expo today:

Really really poor is pretty much how I can describe it. "A" is used for parrying, "X" is used for attacking and "B" is for rolling. Once you realize this, it pretty much feels like a poor mans Assassin's Creed (not to mention AC's combat in general has grown to become stale over the several games the past years). It just felt completely boring. I played for a good ten minutes, then I passed it over... Nothing challenging or exciting about it.

Also, I passed it over to the guy in the booth, since nobody was actually waiting to play it there. It was the first day of the convention and nobody seemed to even give it a chance. Contrast that to Forza 5 and Killzone Shadow Fall which had insanely long wait times.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! When I played it I felt much the same way. I'm assuming the interest in the game is coming from it having a much better singleplayer?

LOl at the both of you . What do you expect out the combat system ? Do you even know that made comabt to be exact way the  romans would have fought during those times. They hired an expert in roman fighting . Hence why its like that and the animations. You can't expect someone like marius with all that heavy armor and huge shiled to fly around the environment slaying monsters like you can do in GOW series lol. Its nt opossible. Back in the romans day all they did was attack , block , parry , dodge , sidestep and so on . IT Does exactly that . Plus theres a combo system and hundreds of different executions. if you have put more thought into your play ,, you would have realised that theres timing for each attack . The perfect timing is called legendary  timing. How you time it ,, will determine how fast the enemies die and teh combo streaks you do before doing the execution. Even the execution has its own timing.  God of war was also not challenging. All that game is on harder difficulty is to memorize the enemy patterns as they are predictable . Apart from that all enemies and bosses are just overpowered hence why people find it hard. Its not a proper challenge or requires pure skill like you need to in the first ninja gaiden. You can go through the entire game in the god of war series doing one move.

iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:

So at Autodesk Crytek said Ryse was implementing brand new techniques never before used in videogames period. Not even in Crysis 3. Its native 900p, EVERY single character onscreen has 85,000 polygons. Yes even the bad guys. Every single character onscreen has the same amount of joints. 750 ( 260 facial ). And Crytek claim its the first ever videogame to not change any of the assests from gameplay and cutscene. The entire engine is running everything. 

If this is what Crytek pull off at launch on Xbox One. Ryse 2 : English knights is gonna be mindblowing.

Enjoy. Its all Confirmed Realtime no assests changed for THE ENTIRE GAME.

What brand new techniques?? It's easy to have great facial animations when the game is linear scripted and not rendering much, with limited draw disatnce and maps to render, nor much going on on screen.. Please post some FACTS, not heresay. What detailed knowledge do you have of ryse's engine over other next gen games?? You have none.

Many games at launch are more impressive then ryse.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171090&page=1#

*Walks away whistling the Halo theme tune.

Thats not a technique, and thats compared to a last gen game.,..,.try again. Do you know how much is in Killzone? BF? CODF? Infamous?? Post proof now. Whistles in the wind.

So you watched a 16 min video in 3 mins?

Crysis 3 on PC dude. Crytek said Ryse is the best thing they have EVER made visually. 

You have to watch or risk your last bit of cred bud.

Ryse is not classed as CryEngine 3. Its custom and has way more stuff specific to Xbox One architecture. ence why Ryse videos now have made with CryEngine. Not Cryengine 3.

What I thought, you have nothing. I've seen a lot of ryse videos.............

Which next gen game  has both enemies and good npc with the exact same level of detail as marius. I think its something liek 85000 polygons, few hundred joints and so on. Selnor can fill in the missing blanks for me a she knows it better then i do . On top which next gen game were the asset used for cutscene is exactlty the same asset when you control marius.?  Thats just the character details. Theres physics for their cloth to simualte like cloth and so on. Theres alot of stuff happenng at one time in real time in ryse. 

Around the Network

killzones character models have better textures,far away and on upclose kills. ryse has much better facial animations/and overall polys,though the rest of the ryse character models movements are more robotic than maddens.. killzones faces are miserable imo,big letdown... killzones environments are better,better textured, more clearity ect

i though deep downs models were better than both killzones/ryse, the main character,the man-bear-pigs(dont know what to call them) and the dragon. nothing tops the fidelity of that dragon(on consoles) and it animates so damn good. the order 1886 might put all these games to shame(graphics wise), cant wait for direct feed game play of this

dane007 said:
Osc89 said:
Aldro said:

Was playing this at a Swedish game expo today:

Really really poor is pretty much how I can describe it. "A" is used for parrying, "X" is used for attacking and "B" is for rolling. Once you realize this, it pretty much feels like a poor mans Assassin's Creed (not to mention AC's combat in general has grown to become stale over the several games the past years). It just felt completely boring. I played for a good ten minutes, then I passed it over... Nothing challenging or exciting about it.

Also, I passed it over to the guy in the booth, since nobody was actually waiting to play it there. It was the first day of the convention and nobody seemed to even give it a chance. Contrast that to Forza 5 and Killzone Shadow Fall which had insanely long wait times.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! When I played it I felt much the same way. I'm assuming the interest in the game is coming from it having a much better singleplayer?

LOl at the both of you . What do you expect out the combat system ? Do you even know that made comabt to be exact way the  romans would have fought during those times. They hired an expert in roman fighting . Hence why its like that and the animations. You can't expect someone like marius with all that heavy armor and huge shiled to fly around the environment slaying monsters like you can do in GOW series lol. Its nt opossible. Back in the romans day all they did was attack , block , parry , dodge , sidestep and so on . IT Does exactly that . Plus theres a combo system and hundreds of different executions. if you have put more thought into your play ,, you would have realised that theres timing for each attack . The perfect timing is called legendary  timing. How you time it ,, will determine how fast the enemies die and teh combo streaks you do before doing the execution. Even the execution has its own timing.  God of war was also not challenging. All that game is on harder difficulty is to memorize the enemy patterns as they are predictable . Apart from that all enemies and bosses are just overpowered hence why people find it hard. Its not a proper challenge or requires pure skill like you need to in the first ninja gaiden. You can go through the entire game in the god of war series doing one move.

This is hogwash..if you try t go through GOW using one move you won get past the first area....many enemies requirew specific attacks and patterns...nice try.

The gameplay for ryse has gotten very negative oress for a reason.

dane007 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
selnor1983 said:

So at Autodesk Crytek said Ryse was implementing brand new techniques never before used in videogames period. Not even in Crysis 3. Its native 900p, EVERY single character onscreen has 85,000 polygons. Yes even the bad guys. Every single character onscreen has the same amount of joints. 750 ( 260 facial ). And Crytek claim its the first ever videogame to not change any of the assests from gameplay and cutscene. The entire engine is running everything. 

If this is what Crytek pull off at launch on Xbox One. Ryse 2 : English knights is gonna be mindblowing.

Enjoy. Its all Confirmed Realtime no assests changed for THE ENTIRE GAME.

What brand new techniques?? It's easy to have great facial animations when the game is linear scripted and not rendering much, with limited draw disatnce and maps to render, nor much going on on screen.. Please post some FACTS, not heresay. What detailed knowledge do you have of ryse's engine over other next gen games?? You have none.

Many games at launch are more impressive then ryse.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171090&page=1#

*Walks away whistling the Halo theme tune.

Thats not a technique, and thats compared to a last gen game.,..,.try again. Do you know how much is in Killzone? BF? CODF? Infamous?? Post proof now. Whistles in the wind.

So you watched a 16 min video in 3 mins?

Crysis 3 on PC dude. Crytek said Ryse is the best thing they have EVER made visually. 

You have to watch or risk your last bit of cred bud.

Ryse is not classed as CryEngine 3. Its custom and has way more stuff specific to Xbox One architecture. ence why Ryse videos now have made with CryEngine. Not Cryengine 3.

What I thought, you have nothing. I've seen a lot of ryse videos.............

Which next gen game  has both enemies and good npc with the exact same level of detail as marius. I think its something liek 85000 polygons, few hundred joints and so on. Selnor can fill in the missing blanks for me a she knows it better then i do . On top which next gen game were the asset used for cutscene is exactlty the same asset when you control marius.?  Thats just the character details. Theres physics for their cloth to simualte like cloth and so on. Theres alot of stuff happenng at one time in real time in ryse. 

Umm pretty much every game uses the same detail on all characters.................... . Polygons is not a technique. Many games have the same assets in cut scenes as real time..uncharted, Metal gear did this on Ps3......

There is NOTHING in ryse that is not ebing done on any AAA game, only ryse is scripted and linear thus has limited scope.

I repeat. When you are only rendering a small, scipted linear area it is easy to up the poly count on npc's faces. Games like Kz, infamous are rendering huge environments and 5 times thre effects ryse is, all in 1080p.............it is easy to see which games are more impressive. The massive areas, number of enemies and scope going on in other next gen games, ryse isn't that impressive.  The detail in shadow fall is way beeyond what ryse is doing.

iamdeath said:

<snip>

I remember reading your warning and envisioning heated debates between you two. :)

Dallinor said:
iamdeath said:

I remember reading your warning and envisioning heated debates between you two. :)

LOL.