By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Holy Hell. This is a Launch title??? New Ryse Trailer.

CGI-Quality said:
iamdeath said:
J_Allard said:
iamdeath said:
J_Allard said:
MP is variable, it is not 60.

Link? Either way variable is fine as long as it doesn't dip too much, PC is like that and it's fine.

Try Google

Umm the honus is on you to prove it..I already used google and it says Mp will be 60.

C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-26-guerrilla-killzone-shadow-fall-multiplayer-runs-at-60-fps-a-lot-of-the-time

It is variable in both, but it should play/feel like God of War III, which was absolutely butter smooth.

Ah non issue, as usual.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Osc89 said:
Aldro said:

Was playing this at a Swedish game expo today:

Really really poor is pretty much how I can describe it. "A" is used for parrying, "X" is used for attacking and "B" is for rolling. Once you realize this, it pretty much feels like a poor mans Assassin's Creed (not to mention AC's combat in general has grown to become stale over the several games the past years). It just felt completely boring. I played for a good ten minutes, then I passed it over... Nothing challenging or exciting about it.

Also, I passed it over to the guy in the booth, since nobody was actually waiting to play it there. It was the first day of the convention and nobody seemed to even give it a chance. Contrast that to Forza 5 and Killzone Shadow Fall which had insanely long wait times.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! When I played it I felt much the same way. I'm assuming the interest in the game is coming from it having a much better singleplayer?

LOl at the both of you . What do you expect out the combat system ? Do you even know that made comabt to be exact way the  romans would have fought during those times. They hired an expert in roman fighting . Hence why its like that and the animations. You can't expect someone like marius with all that heavy armor and huge shiled to fly around the environment slaying monsters like you can do in GOW series lol. Its nt opossible. Back in the romans day all they did was attack , block , parry , dodge , sidestep and so on . IT Does exactly that . Plus theres a combo system and hundreds of different executions. if you have put more thought into your play ,, you would have realised that theres timing for each attack . The perfect timing is called legendary  timing. How you time it ,, will determine how fast the enemies die and teh combo streaks you do before doing the execution. Even the execution has its own timing.  God of war was also not challenging. All that game is on harder difficulty is to memorize the enemy patterns as they are predictable . Apart from that all enemies and bosses are just overpowered hence why people find it hard. Its not a proper challenge or requires pure skill like you need to in the first ninja gaiden. You can go through the entire game in the god of war series doing one move.

While it is interesting they went for historical accuracy, it doesn't make for fun gameplay. I think this game is more about the single player anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Frequency said:
Microsoft need to disable the sharpening filter, or limit it to only use sharpen when upscaling, just watched some forza 5 at 1080p and the sharpening effect being used by the scaler is present even though its native, and it makes what would otherwise be quite smooth, jaggy, even at freaking 1080p!

Oh it's fine. I'll just turn the soften feature on my tv to max. Next gen AA right there lol.

JoeTheBro said:
Frequency said:
Microsoft need to disable the sharpening filter, or limit it to only use sharpen when upscaling, just watched some forza 5 at 1080p and the sharpening effect being used by the scaler is present even though its native, and it makes what would otherwise be quite smooth, jaggy, even at freaking 1080p!

Oh it's fine. I'll just turn the soften feature on my tv to max. Next gen AA right there lol.

Soften/blur does not hide aliasing, thus will not hide sharpened aliasing.

Frequency said:
JoeTheBro said:
Frequency said:

I see no aliasing here

It was a joke...

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Frequency said:
JoeTheBro said:
Frequency said:

I see no aliasing here

It was a joke...

I thought jokes were meant to be funny? tacking on a lol does not make something funny.

Frequency said:
JoeTheBro said:

I see no aliasing here

It was a joke...

I thought jokes were meant to be funny? tacking on a lol does not make something funny.

It's ok. Some levels of humor are just too advanced for beginners.

J_Allard said:
Kane1389 said:
MB1025 said:
Kane1389 said:
FiliusDei said:
Can't believe it looks even better than KZ. Good for xboxbfans.

900p 30 FPS vs. 1080p 60 FPS :)

30 FPS, but thats OK.

30 FPS minimum in single player, 60 FPS in multiplayer

Ryse doesnt go over 30 FPS

Yikes, so the MP and now SP both have variable frame rates instead of locked at 60FPS? :(

I dont know about MP, but Single Player is unlocked and it will hit 60 FPS on less busy areas. MP probably wont be constant 60 fps, but it will remain in high 50's if i recal the article/interview correctly.

Either way, its much more technically advanced than Ryse

Kane1389 said:
J_Allard said:

Yikes, so the MP and now SP both have variable frame rates instead of locked at 60FPS? :(

I dont know about MP, but Single Player is unlocked and it will hit 60 FPS on less busy areas. MP probably wont be constant 60 fps, but it will remain in high 50's if i recal the article/interview correctly.

Either way, its much more technically advanced than Ryse

Those are a lot of words for what could have been a simple "yes".

Thanks.

you're welcome ^^