By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everything Global UP! 19th October 2013

Lawlight said:
GTAV sold 29M so far. Looks like it'll end up being the highest selling unbundled video game out there.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Still no Pokemon adjustment? Wat. We basically got the numbers on a silver platter (twice) and they still have them way too high.

Take away 400k for pokemon xy in NoA its still beasting over 5mil in Two weeks

Beyond adding a cool 46k. PS3 over doubling 360. This holiday seems like it's going to go well for PS3 with strong numbers despite PS4 release being imminent. Maybe getting under the $200 price point, even if it's only the barebones model, has helped.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Anfebious said:
Lawlight said:
GTAV sold 29M so far. Looks like it'll end up being the highest selling unbundled video game out there.

It was bundled with the PS3.

Didn't know that it was but I doubt that represents more than 500k in that 29m.

Anfebious said:
Lawlight said:

Not bundled for a significant portion of it's shelf life like Wii Sports, Tetris or New Super Mario Bros.

Around the Network

Pokémon numbers won't be adjusted until NPD I presume. It wouldn't be worth the trouble for ioi to adjust it now and then again in a few weeks. Also, we are bound to get some kind of info tomorrow on X/Y sales from Nintendo.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Dammmn the PS3 can do like 1 million the week black friday.

I mean the bundle is sweet a PS3 super slim with 250 Gb, the controller, The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins for $199 (well at least at gamestop).

pezus said:

Edit: You guys are missing the point. I guess it would be more right to say highest sales for a game not coming from a bundle, but I thought most people would understand what he meant

It's not about what Lawlight meant. No one here wants to diminish GTA's sales. Lawlight is known for interpeting things extremely... literally... in certain cases. It seems the favor is now simply being returned.

And of course, Nintendo fans get defensive when people start talking about unbundled sales records, as though, "It was bundled" can diminish the sales success of a game... I don't think I have to spell it out.

WiiU holding steady at 60k. Numbers are still awful, but nowhere near as bad as a month ago.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Lawlight said:
Anfebious said:
Lawlight said:

Not bundled for a significant portion of it's shelf life like Wii Sports, Tetris or New Super Mario Bros.

I can buy the GTA 5 bundle right now. It has been bundled for 100% of its life.