By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everything Global UP! 19th October 2013

So, in this week's UK tracking, the Argos deal where you could get the console + Killzone + Virtua Tennis for £140 happened.

Last week, Killzone sold (according to VGC) 573 in the UK. This week it sold 4,515. So we can say that the bundle had a significant impact on the sales of the game, since I haven't noticed a price cut anywhere else on the title alone.

This week in hardware sales in the UK, the Vita was up 1%. So it pretty much sold the same as it did last week.

So, VGC is telling me to believe that 3,500 Killzone sales and probably close to 4,000 Virtua Tennis sales happened from retailer promotions on the price of the software alone (FYI, Virtua Tennis has been retailing for about £5 since the start of the year) and that the Argos bundle did nothing at all.

Even if I missed some shocking deal on Killzone on say, amazon or something (I struggle to believe Virtua Tennis has had a further price drop beyond £5), saying that the Argos bundle had a 1% boost to the Vita sales is just absurd.

It's clear that the bundle contributed to the majority of those Killzone & Virtua Tennis sales (since they were the exact two games which were bundled), and since it's a bundle that means that a console is also included with it. Yet no increase.

Comg on VGC, sort it out =/

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
So, in this week's UK tracking, the Argos deal where you could get the console + Killzone + Virtua Tennis for £140 happened.

Last week, Killzone sold (according to VGC) 573 in the UK. This week it sold 4,515. So we can say that the bundle had a significant impact on the sales of the game, since I haven't noticed a price cut anywhere else on the title alone.

This week in hardware sales in the UK, the Vita was up 1%. So it pretty much sold the same as it did last week.

So, VGC is telling me to believe that 3,500 Killzone sales and probably close to 4,000 Virtua Tennis sales happened from retailer promotions on the price of the software alone (FYI, Virtua Tennis has been retailing for about £5 since the start of the year) and that the Argos bundle did nothing at all.

Even if I missed some shocking deal on Killzone on say, amazon or something (I struggle to believe Virtua Tennis has had a further price drop beyond £5), saying that the Argos bundle had a 1% boost to the Vita sales is just absurd.

It's clear that the bundle contributed to the majority of those Killzone & Virtua Tennis sales (since they were the exact two games which were bundled), and since it's a bundle that means that a console is also included with it. Yet no increase.

Comg on VGC, sort it out =/

didn't that bundle come out same week as the 2DS bundle? if so its not this week of sales but the next week!

tbone51 said:

didn't that bundle come out same week as the 2DS bundle? if so its not this week of sales but the next week!

No.  As I said in my post, the reason Killzone & Virtua Tennis are back in the software charts is because of the bundle.

curl-6 said:
Also, Wii has the highest selling version of Skylanders, at least in the US.
Still quite a few active Wii owners, contrary to what the internet will tell you.

people never said anything to the contrary, its the TYPE of games these active users are still playing.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
Still quite a few active Wii owners, contrary to what the internet will tell you.

people never said anything to the contrary, its the TYPE of games these active users are still playing.

The intrnet is full of claims that Wii owners don't buy games anymore and "they're all in the cupboard gathering dust".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

The intrnet is full of claims that Wii owners don't buy games anymore and "they're all in the cupboard gathering dust".

Yes the entire internet does claim that, and based on this site and every other sites numbers those facts seem to be born out.  Have you seen what nintendo's global software numbers have been the last couple yrs compared to sony/microsoft.  There is a very good reason that people believe that most wii's are sitting on shelfs collecting dust, it also doesnt help when nintendos follow up console is practicly ignored both in terms of software and hardware.

Ps3 is close to matching 360 weekly in the US, soon Ps3 will be outselling it weekly over there.

xenogears1234 said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Yes the entire internet does claim that, and based on this site and every other sites numbers those facts seem to be born out.  Have you seen what nintendo's global software numbers have been the last couple yrs compared to sony/microsoft.  There is a very good reason that people believe that most wii's are sitting on shelfs collecting dust, it also doesnt help when nintendos follow up console is practicly ignored both in terms of software and hardware.

Nearly 400,000 units of Wii software sold on the week ending 12st October. That's for a console that's been replaced for a while now. Wiis are clearly not all "gathering dust". People not only still play them, they still buy new games for them.

Incubi said:

Nintendo remain overall market leader in the console space this week:

Nintendo family: 465 465 hardware units sold worldwide gives Nintendo a 57% marketshare.
Sony family: 266 496 hardware units sold worldwide gives Sony a 33% marketshare.
Microsoft family: 81 059 hardware units sold worldwide gives MS a measly 10% marketshare.

"Nintendo should leave the hardware space immediately and leave it to MS and Sony. It is the only way they can remain relevant.

If I could like this post, I would.

OT: Nice Wii U sales and Pokemon continues to sell, to no surprise. Vita needs help ASAP. Holidays to the rescue?

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Pokemon keeping strong numbers, I think it'll reach 8 million sold by the end of the year