By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami sequel not out of the question if Okami Wii sales ‘destroy’ expectations

Okami sequel not out of the question if Okami Wii sales ‘destroy’ expectations

February 11th, 2008

(regarding an Okami sequel) Technically, yes but I think that’s an outside chance. We have reasonable but modest expectations for the title. I’ll be very disappointed if we can’t hit those. If it happens to “destroy” said expectations, I’d definitely think hard about new content (though admittedly, that’s even quite difficult without Kimea’s and Inaba’s brilliant input on the project). - Christian Svensson Capcom Entertainment Inc. - Vice-President of Strategic Planning & Business Development

I really hope Okami does well on the Wii. I just want it to at least sell more than it did on the PS2. Thanks to Samfish for the heads up!

Link

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

What's their expectations?

I plan on buying it, but, if it is not marketed it won't sell. Like Zack & Wiki its a relatively unknown game and the box art and such don't help.

Is it getting anything new in it's transition to the Wii or no?

New content =/= Sequel

But if there would be a Okami with more content I really would buy it.

why so sad, Rol? Some games are masterpieces but never get a sequel. Thats how it is and its good because the geniuses behind the games can develop new IPs.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

m gonna def. buy it....

din't buy it on PS2 cus Ps3 was coming out so soon..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I seriously doubt it will sell very well on the Wii considering the fact that it didn't sell well on PS2. My guess is it will be another below the radar hit like battalion wars.

I always thought God Hand was as good as Okami in its own way, and yes, I know that's blasphemy. However, it really is just a testament to how good Clover Studios was.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What is Okami?

MANUELF said:
What is Okami?

I reported you.