By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami sequel not out of the question if Okami Wii sales ‘destroy’ expectations

Stever89:
*Joel*J? Someone misses Leo-J ;)

CDiablo:
Well, true, but I'd tend to think that the $30 price point has more to do with it. $30 was/is cheaper than a lot of used games on the Wii, making it easy to recommend and easy to purchase. $40 for Okami seems to be a bit of a cash in, but I'm still considering buying it. It's on my wish list. :)

Around the Network

This is typical PR, folks.

Yes, obviously if the game sells 3 billion copies worldwide, it will see a  sequel. That could be said of any game or any port ever. 

In reality, it's extremely unlikely. This is just a way to get you to buy their game.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Capcom has no plans for a big advertising campaign for Okami. This doesn't bode well for sales and as such a subsequent sequel.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I think the game is a good fit for the Wii. Reviews are going to be positive, and there's a definite lack of "epic" adventures on the Wii. With the Nintendo audience, Capcom has a hit on their hands. Quote me on this: Okami WILL sell better on the Wii than it did to the PS2's larger user base.

d21lewis said:
I think the game is a good fit for the Wii. Reviews are going to be positive, and there's a definite lack of "epic" adventures on the Wii. With the Nintendo audience, Capcom has a hit on their hands. Quote me on this: Okami WILL sell better on the Wii than it did to the PS2's larger user base.

Well duh... it sold 300,000 copies lifetime or something like that on PS2. Even Zack & Wiki sold more than that.

Anyway, without Clover, they won't make a sequel.  Regardless of sales.  Doesn't mean people shouldn't buy it though.  It's a great artistic game that deserves success. 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
d21lewis said:

Well duh... it sold 300,000 copies lifetime or something like that on PS2. Even Zack & Wiki sold more than that.

Anyway, without Clover, they won't make a sequel.  Regardless of sales.  Doesn't mean people shouldn't buy it though.  It's a great artistic game that deserves success. 

I always bet on a sure thing, Naz! Notice I haven't tried the prediction league yet ;p. I think the original Okami suffered from "right game on the wrong system" syndrome. This'll be rectified soon enough, though.

a sequel not made by clover studios = most likely not worth my time

but it won't happen anyway, because this awesome game is only known to the hardcore gamers and many of those don't like it's style

Hopefully the game will retail at $29. $39 is a bit too much for a 2 yr old game, unless they really add some extra content and updated graphics.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

d21lewis said:
naznatips said:
d21lewis said:

I always bet on a sure thing, Naz! Notice I haven't tried the prediction league yet ;p. I think the original Okami suffered from "right game on the wrong system" syndrome. This'll be rectified soon enough, though.

You guys are softies. Betting on certain things is no betting. Look at my sig :P

naznatips said:
d21lewis said:

Anyway, without Clover, they won't make a sequel. Regardless of sales. Doesn't mean people shouldn't buy it though. It's a great artistic game that deserves success.

400-500k

And I will spare the life of the foolish one.