By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami sequel not out of the question if Okami Wii sales ‘destroy’ expectations

i dont know.....i hope it does well but i would hate for us wii owners to take on the burden only to have a new game going to 360/ps3

Around the Network

I hope they add 480p... non-progressive scan Wii games look all screwed up on my tv...

I'm really looking forward to Õkami! Before the Wii version was announced, I used to have this one as "one of the reasons to eventually buy PS2/PS3". I love the way they made the graphics, and I love to play a game that's described as Zelda-ish any time.

d21lewis said:
naznatips said:
d21lewis said:
I think the game is a good fit for the Wii. Reviews are going to be positive, and there's a definite lack of "epic" adventures on the Wii. With the Nintendo audience, Capcom has a hit on their hands. Quote me on this: Okami WILL sell better on the Wii than it did to the PS2's larger user base.

Well duh... it sold 300,000 copies lifetime or something like that on PS2. Even Zack & Wiki sold more than that.

Anyway, without Clover, they won't make a sequel.  Regardless of sales.  Doesn't mean people shouldn't buy it though.  It's a great artistic game that deserves success. 

I always bet on a sure thing, Naz! Notice I haven't tried the prediction league yet ;p. I think the original Okami suffered from "right game on the wrong system" syndrome. This'll be rectified soon enough, though.

It wasn't the wrong system, if anything it was the wrong time, being so close to next-gen console launches.  A bit too late perhaps, with everyone looking forward and all.  The game is brilliant though, I'm gonna go finish it on my PS3  :)

sorry to say but I can't see Okami sales "destroy expectations" because not many ppl have heard of this game so it'll prob be like NMH in terms if sales

I want this game do to well, but I do not want a sequel. Capcom killed Clover themselves, if they want me to buy the sequel they must bring everyone back, especially Mikami. I am not buying this PR crap (this is a test for the Wii, please buy it). How about, make more original games like Zack and Wiki and Viewtiful Joe and I will buy any crap with Capcom on it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

niche game will sell poorly in any console.

It depends on what Capcom's expectation is, if they expect REmake sales, then it won't even come close, but if they expect 300K again, then they might actually get that.

Nothing 'destroying' about this game.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
RolStoppable said:
Okami most certainly will destroy expectations like all other Capcom games so far did on the Wii, but I don't think that this will lead to a sequel of Okami, as sad as it is.

Not true.  We Love Golf for Wii underperformed to Capcom's expectations.

I can agree with you NYANKS.

Dear Wii Owners,

Buy this game. The gameplay and art style is much fresher and far more enjoyable than twilight princess which to me felt a tad stale. If you bought TP and for whatever reason plan on ignoring this game, you are doing yourself  and your platform of choice a disservice.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

JoeJ said:
Stever89:
*Joel*J? Someone misses Leo-J ;)

CDiablo:
Well, true, but I'd tend to think that the $30 price point has more to do with it. $30 was/is cheaper than a lot of used games on the Wii, making it easy to recommend and easy to purchase. $40 for Okami seems to be a bit of a cash in, but I'm still considering buying it. It's on my wish list. :)

haha you know it.

Er wait... not really. Fixed though.