By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Earnings October 30th - Results Inside

Maybe Ninty will adjust their Wii U sales forecast after the holidays. I guess right now they are showing confidence in their product, especially since the competition is just around the corner.

Around the Network

Currently, from what Nintendo has provided, Wii U shipments will most likely be between 1.5-2 million in Q3.

Forecasts will have to be modified greatly as I do not see a comeback plan in fruition.

Furthermore, I'm expecting an operating profit of 200 million for their fiscal year based on those assumptions - a far cry from their projected 1 Billion.

Vinniegambini said:

EDIT: Q2 Results are as followed:

Operating Loss of 187 million (embarrassing)

Shipments of Wii U - 300k

Shipments of Wii U Software - 5 million

Shipments of 3DS - 2.4 million

Shipments of 3DS software - 16 million

Wii U still sold at a a loss - affects Nintendo's profits greatly.

I actually lol at the (embarrassing ) part you must not know anything about it to make such a claim. sure a loss os bad but millions in loss beats billions in loss and that is what Sony and MS have done plenty of times. It only looks bad when you dont have all the facts and dont compare it to what the other companies are losing.

They need to change their forecast of 9mil.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Vinniegambini said:

I actually lol at the (embarrassing ) part you must not know anything about it to make such a claim. sure a loss os bad but millions in loss beats billions in loss and that is what Sony and MS have done plenty of times. It only looks bad when you dont have all the facts and dont compare it to what the other companies are losing.

MS have been making billions the last 6 years :P (On Xbox)

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
Vinniegambini said:

Embarrassing nontheless. The reason the nubers are this low is the wii u sales, and they are embarrassing too. Why wouldn't the loss be? 

I'm expecting Iwata to be leaving his throne within 2015 if they don't sharpen up in a good maner. I kinda doubt they will though.

Sorry, what does MS and Sony have to do with Nintendo? I mean... ulgh

Max King of the Wild said:
Seece said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Seece said:
9m WiiU forecast is a joke and they know it, yet again they won't revise it and will simply miss it by millions like the Wii has these past few years. Basically their forecasts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Surprised they can get away lying like they do, as I no longer believe it's optimism on their part.

8.54m left over 2 quarters. With Europe obviously not remotely interested in WiiU (minus 20k?!) US will be more than half WiiU sales this holiday. So what, they're expecting 3m+ in the US?? Price cut + Zelda bundle + 5 week month and it didn't pass 100k, how do they think it's going to jump to 1.5m in November.

Yeah, it was clear they would miss it after the first quarter when they only shipped 160k. But hey, at least some people still think 10mil this year is possible (or at least some did only a short while ago. Not sure if they had changed their stance since).

Zero thought 10m he's actually saying 10m+ now based on his 10 week predictions. Lucas is still expecting 12m and plenty of people in his thread agrees with him.

Basically they're expecting 650k a week starting now, until the end of the year.

Wow... retailers better start clearing off shelves to make room for all those units.

Indeed, this is what makes all those that expect a sudden resurgance wrong, shelf space will greatly depreciate for every other system to allow for PS4 and Xbox One, even if millions of gamers out there decided "oh hey, lets get a WiiU!" the stock wouldn't be there! Retailers are NOT going to ship in 6 million WiiU's when the thing hasn't done half of that over the last 11 months and is selling negative units in Europe (which I find bizzare and is a bad sign for WiiU in Europe this holiday)

IsawYoshi said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
Vinniegambini said:

Embarrassing nontheless. The reason the nubers are this low is the wii u sales, and they are embarrassing too. Why wouldn't the loss be? 

I'm expecting Iwata to be leaving his throne within 2015 if they don't sharpen up in a good maner. I kinda doubt they will though.

I'm doubtful any one will be reprimanded, demoted, punished or outright fired. When's the last time any one at Nintendo was let go for flops and bad business decisions? To go from making hands over fist money with the Wii, breaking records and the like, to now losing money and having a stinker on their hands with the Wii U, someone should be looking at a shake up within the company.

The investor Q&A should be very interesting. 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Vinniegambini said:

Microsoft and Sony havent had billion dollar losses in their gaming divisions in over 5+ years.  At a certain point, you are going to have to come up with new material as that arguement is failing to hold up given Nintendo CURRENT financial situation