By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is Beyond officially the flop of the year now?

It had a decent opening for all the mediocre reviews. Should sell 1 million lifetime. Flop of the year will either go to Fuse or Wonderful 101.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
attaboy said:

Reviews suggest that, despite the big stars, it's not a AAA game.  Also, as a generation draws to a close, there are TONS of other options for the gaming dollar. Many of us predicted that the game would do sub-Heavy Rain numbers ages ago.  Games like this don't have million sale first weeks.  I think it will top out at 1.5 million which is respectable.  Of course, while a million is the benchmark we've set for ourselves on this site as "success", we've also seen games that sell several million be labeled as failures (ie: Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution).  It would help me if you could tell me the budget of the game.

I believe the reported budget of B2S is around $27 Million.

300k is fine for the title being what it is. It'll get a nice bump from the holidays...hopefully. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

beatles1082 said:

Beyond is easily a bigger flop than W101 or Rayman, I have been hearing about Beyond for what feels like an eternity, and the install base of Ps3 being as high as it is, 300k is way worse than the sales of those other games.

PlayMatt said:
And b!tch please? When is 300k First Week a flop? The new Zelda game took 3 weeks to reach 300k

Comparing the Wii U install base to the ps3 install base is foolish.

Don't contradict yourself.

beatles1082 said:

Beyond is easily a bigger flop than W101 or Rayman, I have been hearing about Beyond for what feels like an eternity, and the install base of Ps3 being as high as it is, 300k is way worse than the sales of those other games.

PlayMatt said:
And b!tch please? When is 300k First Week a flop? The new Zelda game took 3 weeks to reach 300k

I agree, comparing a brand new IP nobody has ever heard of, to one of the oldest and most acclaimed IPs in the videogame world is foolish...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network
chapset said:
Mr Khan said:
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:

Then explain why Ubisoft farmed the game out to China and could still expect a quality product that would have been compelling to Wii U owners. The version's existence wasn't even advertised.

Trying to swat away the facts by calling them "ridiculous" does you no credit.

I agree they put little effort into the port, even if it had better treatment I'm still not sure it would have done a lot better :

Which brings up the other problem of chapset's attempted thread derailment: the game didn't sell that well anywhere. An anticipated title like Ghosts is at least going to get decent-to-good spillover sales. There wasn't any hype for it anywhere, so why single out the Wii U version?

thread derailement? you bring the same old excuses everytime a third party game fail on a Nintendo system the ol ''it's either malice or incompetance'' mombo jumbo

Derailment, by picking on one version in particular. You have a history of this.

And again, you attempt to dismiss me. Present an argument.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

PlayMatt said:

Ok no offense but you really show your biased against nintendo. 3 weeks for 300k? Really? It took 1 week, the game released only in japan than everywhere else two weeks later. And on top of that its a remake that sold pretty well on a low install base. If LoZ WW HD is a flop then wat do you call W101? Wat do you call Killzone On Vita or Puppeteer on PS3?

Seriously i only ssid this cuz i notice you try  to jump on nintendo multiple times for the dumbest things. Just Really? 

OT: Brain Age on 3DS= Biggest Flop of the year imo. Also puppeteer

DamnTastic said:
beatles1082 said:

PlayMatt said:

Don't contradict yourself.

Not contridiction, i just worded it wrong, I meant that you can't say that a game on a console with 5 million units should sell anywhere near one with 80 million units and a year + of healthy coverage and hype.

There was a lot of flops this year. Beyond did ok so I wouldn't call it a flop if has decent legs it can pass 1 million.

Rayman Legends and Wonderful 101.

Fuse was by far the worst flop of the year though.

It's just that simple.