By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is Beyond officially the flop of the year now?

Why do people still insist that if Rayman legends stayed wii u exclusive it would have sold more? Face it, it wouldn't have in fact it would have sold far less! If sonic lost worlds flopped, Rayman legends would have even more...
Nothing other than Nintendo games will sell well...

Around the Network

To the people saying Puppeteer: What were the initial expectations for this game? 500k first week?

chapset said:
Mr Khan said:
chapset said:
splinter cell:blacklist on wii U should be in there also after the sub 10k launch it looked like Ubisoft changed their minds abut the wii U and we started getting bad news about wii U ports of their upcoming big titles

If so, it's more evidence that Ubisoft was either deliberately self-sabotaging, or dumb enough to believe that their newborn Shanghai division was capable of delivering a quality port.

Malice or idiocy. That's all it comes down to.

please stop with your ridicilous conspiracy theories, maybe the wiiU fanbase are not fond of buying third party games

Then explain why Ubisoft farmed the game out to China and could still expect a quality product that would have been compelling to Wii U owners. The version's existence wasn't even advertised.

Trying to swat away the facts by calling them "ridiculous" does you no credit.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Anfebious said:
Geez everyone forgot about Fuse already? That one floped hard. So hard that no one remembers the game...

WINNER!!!

but lets not forget about Lost Planet 3.....

Mr Khan said:
chapset said:
Mr Khan said:
chapset said:
splinter cell:blacklist on wii U should be in there also after the sub 10k launch it looked like Ubisoft changed their minds abut the wii U and we started getting bad news about wii U ports of their upcoming big titles

If so, it's more evidence that Ubisoft was either deliberately self-sabotaging, or dumb enough to believe that their newborn Shanghai division was capable of delivering a quality port.

Malice or idiocy. That's all it comes down to.

please stop with your ridicilous conspiracy theories, maybe the wiiU fanbase are not fond of buying third party games

Then explain why Ubisoft farmed the game out to China and could still expect a quality product that would have been compelling to Wii U owners. The version's existence wasn't even advertised.

I agree they put little effort into the port, even if it had better treatment I'm still not sure it would have done a lot better :

Around the Network

lol wut

Seece said:
Mr Khan said:

I agree they put little effort into the port, even if it had better treatment I'm still not sure it would have done a lot better :

Which brings up the other problem of chapset's attempted thread derailment: the game didn't sell that well anywhere. An anticipated title like Ghosts is at least going to get decent-to-good spillover sales. There wasn't any hype for it anywhere, so why single out the Wii U version?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Killzone Mercenary bombed way harder than Beyond and KZ is a WAAAAAAAY better game.

m0ney said:
Honestly this is the first time I hear about Wonderful 101 I was thinking flop among triple A games that get a lot of attention.

I don't know about triple A but Wonderful 101 got tons of attention as far as i can tell.

Looking at Beyond and comparing it to Heavy Rain, it did pretty good. Doesn't have as big of an opener as Heavy Rain but I'm thinking beyond will do just fine in the long run. Will likely have no trouble hitting a 1M and will likely get to 1.5M just fine.

4 ≈ One

300k, isn't that just the first week?

Should sell over 1m which will probably mostly cover costs. I have my copy sitting in the shelf, but haven't got around to starting it yet