By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is Beyond officially the flop of the year now?

Games like puppeteer, okami, vanquish or beyond two souls sells like crap. And on the other hand games like COD or BF sells a ton. This is gaming industry.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

The Wonderful 101 is.

VGCharts number wise too

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 The Wonderful 101 WiiU 2013 Action Nintendo 0.03 0.02 0.01 0.00 0.06

compared to Beyond Two Souls

Pos Game Platform Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 Beyond: Two Souls PS3 2013 Adventure Sony Computer Entertainment 0.14 0.12 0.00 0.05 0.31

oh ya...Rayman Legends too l0l

1 Rayman Legends WiiU 2013 Platform Ubisoft 0.05 0.03 0.00 0.01 0.09
2 Rayman Legends PS3 2013 Platform Ubisoft 0.02 0.04 0.00 0.01 0.07
3 Rayman Legends X360 2013 Platform Ubisoft 0.02 0.03 0.00 0.01 0.06
4 Rayman Legends PSV 2020 Platform Ubisoft 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
Total 0.09 0.11 0.00 0.03 0.23

Edit: Damn Rayman and TW101 both platform/action games lost to Beyond lol.

If Nintendo kept Rayman exclusive to WiiU and launched it when WiiU really needed a game it could have sold double what it did.

----

Wonderful 101 is a pretty big flop IMO, I'm a huge fan of Platinum Games, and this was one of the big games pushing me to buy a WiiU, but not anymore.

Also, while Gears of War Judgement sold okay, it was a complete flop to me. It comepletly failed me as a Gears game, and put the final nail in my MS coffin.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

attaboy said:
300k is a respectable number.

300k for a supposed AAA game on a system with a 80m base is not good at all.  They're not even remotely close to breaking even at this point.

Stop hating and start playing.

Fuse, Killer is Dead, The wonderfull 101, Lost planet 3, Rayman Legends, puppeteer, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time..
I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other games.
So take your pick, I wouldn't say beyond is a flop

chapset said:
splinter cell:blacklist on wii U should be in there also after the sub 10k launch it looked like Ubisoft changed their minds abut the wii U and we started getting bad news about wii U ports of their upcoming big titles

If so, it's more evidence that Ubisoft was either deliberately self-sabotaging, or dumb enough to believe that their newborn Shanghai division was capable of delivering a quality port.

Malice or idiocy. That's all it comes down to.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Lol wut?

Short memory I guess, or you just didn't pay attention to this year's releases.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Quite alot of EA and Capcom games flopped hard this year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Honestly this is the first time I hear about Wonderful 101 I was thinking flop among triple A games that get a lot of attention.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Mr Khan said:
chapset said:
splinter cell:blacklist on wii U should be in there also after the sub 10k launch it looked like Ubisoft changed their minds abut the wii U and we started getting bad news about wii U ports of their upcoming big titles

If so, it's more evidence that Ubisoft was either deliberately self-sabotaging, or dumb enough to believe that their newborn Shanghai division was capable of delivering a quality port.

Malice or idiocy. That's all it comes down to.

please stop with your ridicilous conspiracy theories, maybe the wiiU fanbase are not fond of buying third party games

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

BuckStud said:
attaboy said:
300k is a respectable number.

300k for a supposed AAA game on a system with a 80m base is not good at all.  They're not even remotely close to breaking even at this point.

This.

As a percentage of the install base, Beyond did badly, where as Wonderful 101 didn't do so badly.  Rayman did horribly though.

As it is, Beyond got 1/3 of 1% market share. 

Wonderful 101 got 5% market share.