By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is Beyond officially the flop of the year now?

Mr Khan said:
Seece said:
Mr Khan said:

Then explain why Ubisoft farmed the game out to China and could still expect a quality product that would have been compelling to Wii U owners. The version's existence wasn't even advertised.

Trying to swat away the facts by calling them "ridiculous" does you no credit.

I agree they put little effort into the port, even if it had better treatment I'm still not sure it would have done a lot better :

Which brings up the other problem of chapset's attempted thread derailment: the game didn't sell that well anywhere. An anticipated title like Ghosts is at least going to get decent-to-good spillover sales. There wasn't any hype for it anywhere, so why single out the Wii U version?

thread derailement? you bring the same old excuses everytime a third party game fail on a Nintendo system the ol ''it's either malice or incompetance'' mombo jumbo

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Since when is Beyond AAA? Just because of Mrs. Page?

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

300k is good number... it will do over 1 million easy.

And b!tch please? When is 300k First Week a flop? The new Zelda game took 3 weeks to reach 300k

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PlayMatt said:
Since when is Beyond AAA? Just because of Mrs. Page?

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:
Killzone Mercenary bombed way harder than Beyond and KZ is a WAAAAAAAY better game.

Not really.
KZ is at 110K on a handheld. They're on the same level imo

BuckStud said:
attaboy said:
300k is a respectable number.

300k for a supposed AAA game on a system with a 80m base is not good at all.  They're not even remotely close to breaking even at this point.

Reviews suggest that, despite the big stars, it's not a AAA game.  Also, as a generation draws to a close, there are TONS of other options for the gaming dollar. Many of us predicted that the game would do sub-Heavy Rain numbers ages ago.  Games like this don't have million sale first weeks.  I think it will top out at 1.5 million which is respectable.  Of course, while a million is the benchmark we've set for ourselves on this site as "success", we've also seen games that sell several million be labeled as failures (ie: Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution).  It would help me if you could tell me the budget of the game.

m0ney said:
Honestly this is the first time I hear about Wonderful 101 I was thinking flop among triple A games that get a lot of attention.

where the hell were you? :o
This game was everywhere on this forum around the release :P

And I believe I've read somewhere this game had x1.5 times the budget of Bayonetta 2

Well B2S actually got to my expectation of 300k to 400k this week. Of course, it did the former rather than the later but I guess not bad for a niche game with mixed reviews and no digital copy.

Beyond is easily a bigger flop than W101 or Rayman, I have been hearing about Beyond for what feels like an eternity, and the install base of Ps3 being as high as it is, 300k is way worse than the sales of those other games.

PlayMatt said:
And b!tch please? When is 300k First Week a flop? The new Zelda game took 3 weeks to reach 300k

Comparing the Wii U install base to the ps3 install base is foolish.