By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is Beyond officially the flop of the year now?

1.61 million, 800k of that returned to gamestops. What do I hear? *flop*

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
m0ney said:

You're making up numbers of course, so its only a flop in your mind, not in reality.

GTAexpert said:
m0ney said:

You're making up numbers of course, so its only a flop in your mind, not in reality.

I didn't make up 1.61 million - that's how much this terrible disappointing Heavy Rain insulting game has really sold total.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
GTAexpert said:
m0ney said:

I didn't make up 1.61 million - that's how much this terrible disappointing Heavy Rain insulting game has really sold total.

I'm talking about that 800k figure you gave, wasn't it obvious? Anyway 1.61 million is far from beying a flop for such a niche game.

Barozi said:
eh hardly.
Though it's gonna be very difficult to make a profit out of it.

It will sell 2m when all is said and done and digital added. Sony should release as a PS Plus title. Good game but not the success that Heavy Rain was. Think that game sold 3M which is incredible for a niche title.