By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is as good as dead...

theshonen8899 said:
Actually Microsoft would be dead in this situation. They get zero royalties from published games on the platform (unless you buy them from Microsoft's online store or App Stores, which no one does) and the one who does get the royalties (Steam, Amazon, GreenManGaming, etc.) would get a huge bump up. Why do you think Microsoft made Xbox to begin with? If their plan was to support a thriving open eco-system, they would've stuck to Windows.

Ding ding ding ding!

We have a Winner!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I believe there would also be architectural limitations. The X1 might be capable, but most PC games are coded to run on 1, 2 or 4 relatively powerful CPU cores. They would essentially have to be rewritten to run properly on a Jaguar chip.

Wouldn't that make them more of a PC/console hybrid like steambox :P

Galaki said:

if MS went ahead with X1 fully support PC games.

They already have more than twice the amount of exclusives upon release.

At the same time, they'll be able to stop Steambox from taking over the living room space that they've been trying to gain, the orginal intention of the Xbox line.

We all know games sell consoles. There will not be any drought with PC games playable day 1.

Not gonna happen! 

Ignoring all the technicalities, I'd get an XOne instead of a PS4 (if I'll get that) for that.

Around the Network

Doubt it. One of the reasons xbone was hated across the internet is because of its old DRM policies.

PC's are far worse in that regard. So the xbone just being a pc shaped like a console would do more harm then good.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Galaki said:

All.

That means X1 would have to be compatible with DX9, 10, 11.

To others. No, Sony cannot do this because PC Games are synonymous to Windows Games. Windows = MS.

Microsoft has specifally stated, as well some developers, that DirectX 9 and older are removed from the Xbox One.  DirectX 10 was so different than the earlier version that things would be'tricked' into thinking they were running DX 9.  (They implied it was like 'taking out the bloatware.'  After fixing a few HP laptops lately, removing bloatware is a good idea.)  And make a more streamed lined DirectX 11.2 for the Xbox One and Windows 8.1.

But they are working on integrating the Windows 8/Phone app store so I could see how some games get a fairly simple cross over.

So it seems fairly resonable to think many PC games will show up in there apps store.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

It this actually made any business sense (it doesn't), the Xbox wouldn't even exist. Plus, what games that are PC only are actually any good a good fit for console gaming?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Hmm... I dunno, MS could have done this a long time ago but for some reason they didn't. I mean they went into the console market (and stayed) for a reason but it would be interesting though if it happened.

F0X said:
And all Wii U needs to do is fully support Android games. That'll show Ouya.

Actually I've been wondering whether this may be a good move on Nintendo's part. They obviously do not have the internal resources to provide a first class OS ecosystem for the Wii U - let Google do the hard work, and simply provide gaming on top of that.