By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is as good as dead...

ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is more open to opening up their OS to allow Steam in. Gabe Newell was talking about this before. MS would take PC games but they wouldn't let you play with PC gamers.

PC/Console games already exist...

So, no.

Dude...no need to be so defensive. Newell has been very vocal about their super strict policies since they brought their games over to the Sony in 2011. I already know PC/Console games exist. Hell you can even sign into Steam with your Sony account for Portal.

If you alreday knew then why'd you type that? You used to be cool. I remember you back in 08-2011. What happened?

I got a PS3?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony is more open to opening up their OS to allow Steam in. Gabe Newell was talking about this before. MS would take PC games but they wouldn't let you play with PC gamers.

So, no.

Dude...no need to be so defensive. Newell has been very vocal about their super strict policies since they brought their games over to the Sony in 2011. I already know PC/Console games exist. Hell you can even sign into Steam with your Sony account for Portal.

If you alreday knew then why'd you type that? You used to be cool. I remember you back in 08-2011. What happened?

I got a PS3?

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! IT WAS SAID YOU'D BRING BALANCE TO THE FORUMS, NOT LEAVE THEM IN DARKNESS! 

Well... after the 12 Gb of memory ram and double GPU now is the time of FULLY SUPPORT OF PC GAMES.

Pretty amusing.

Seems more like MS is trying to kill pc gaming.

Windows 8.1 badly affecting some games, glad I haven't 'upgraded' yet
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-21-windows-8-1-causing-mouse-lag-that-badly-affects-games
http://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/1oor43/windows_81_warning_for_gamers_issues_with/

A Reddit thread reporting the issue described Deus Ex: Human Revolution and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat as "close to unplayable" as a result. Apparently Call of Duty games and Metro 2033 are affected as well.

ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So, no.

I got a PS3?

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! IT WAS SAID YOU'D BRING BALANCE TO THE FORUMS, NOT LEAVE THEM IN DARKNESS! 

Funny because your attitude seems to be "If you're not with me...then you're my enemy!"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Can we stop with the misleading titles already?

110% agree with this.  You deliberately switched tenses from the title to the body to get hits.

Should read: "PS4 WOULD BE as good as dead if..."

Funny how the mods release a thread about flamebait threads and here we go.

oh and ms isnt that smart OP. there im not sidetracking so i dont get banned for that stupid shit.

ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I got a PS3?

*Chuckle*

Allowing PC gaming on X1 makes absolutely no sense at all. MS doesn't get any royalties from PC games (ok, they get profits from apps used by gaming companies but that applies also to X1) and Windows+Office makes most of the profits MS makes. Console business is just tiny business compared to Windows. One Windows license sold makes much more profit for MS than one sold X1 (which probably loses money at first just like most consoles and all consoles ever released Sony or MS). Console business rely on royalties and console itself makes no profit so losing royalties would be stupid.

Allowing PC games on X1 would increase X1 sales but as a company they lose would more profits than they would gain. And even sales increase is quite small because almost all important new games are released on consoles too and almost nobody buys new console for old games (which is why even backwards compability has almost no effect on console sales). For example GTA5 would have had much more sales impact on consoles than all PC games released in couple last years combined, if GTA5 would have been released just on next gen consoles.

And business is all about money, not market share, although sometimes they are the same. And while this doesn't apply to gaming, many companies get more money when their production is small (for example luxury products). 

ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So, no.

I got a PS3?

That hurt me right in my heart strings.(LOL)