By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is as good as dead...

BaldrSkies said:
PS4 could allow installation of Linux, which would allow installation of Steam.

Absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong!

LOL, didn't the PS3 support the installation of Linux? I think Sony took it out due to piracy concerns.

Around the Network

firstly, if that happened, they wouldnt be exclusive because they would still be on the PC.
secondly, if microsoft did it, whats stopping sony from doing the same?
I dont think theres a feature either console could do without the other one replicating it.

Licence said:
BaldrSkies said:
PS4 could allow installation of Linux, which would allow installation of Steam.

Absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong!

LOL, didn't the PS3 support the installation of Linux? I think Sony took it out due to piracy concerns.

tbh if linux was restricted to only piracy, sony wouldnt have removed it.

the fact that it ruined online gaming for every other gamer on PSN forced them to release the update which users got to CHOOSE between linux and PSN.

if you want to hack, fair enough but do it offline. If you want PSN then you can only connect via a secure OS.

pezus said:
As long as sony doesn't win. Right?

tag for future lulz

Around the Network

What I never understand is why not Microsoft, just enter the PC business. They have the OS for it and also start starting to construct their own hardware, building gaming PC shouldn't be a problem for them? Devs explain how the Xbox used original PC components.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

What I see until now is PS4 having most PC games and Xbone none.

And the DirectX used in Xbone is difference from the Windows version... AMD is even creating a API to try to reach the same level of DirectX on consoles.

Yeah the title is a bit on the misleading side, but i would be up for seeing that happen and see how things play out. Dunno if the PS4 would be dead at all though...

Realisticly, i doubt Microsoft would do that, cause that would mean they would have to give up on royalties.

Isn´t it already confirmed that MS will make heavier demands that games developed for X1, should also work on W8 in order to make transitions between platforms easier? It doesn´t mean full-flegded games but rather the more indie developed ones. I thhought I read it somewhere...

Being a set of IC's, oscillators, capacitors and PCB's, not to forget a nice little set of LED's, it's exactly dead. None of those breathe or have a pulse...