By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 is as good as dead...

Suke said:
What I never understand is why not Microsoft, just enter the PC business. They have the OS for it and also start starting to construct their own hardware, building gaming PC shouldn't be a problem for them? Devs explain how the Xbox used original PC components.

You are right they could have.  And now they are a with Phones (they own Nokia now), Consoles (Xbox) and Tablets (like the Surface Pro).

But they have chosen not to by philosophy.  I forget the exact number but for like every dollar they make their partners (people that make the PC’s etc.) make $8 or more.  Gates was specific that he wanted to make the software that ran the stuff, not the things themselves.

They even wanted to make the OS for the PlayStation and just about everyone approved their compression for the unified high res DVD system that being developed – which split into HD DVD and Blu-ray.

If they decide to start making PC's it would really upset a whole bunch of industries.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

How's all that wishful thinking going

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Op is referring to windows 8. And actually there's a point. Xbox one will soon be fully open and the same as pc is. So buying a game or app once on Xbox, pc tablet or phone gives it to you on all devices. As long as the devs have done it.

I thought a few months ago that ms would end gen with a service and not another console. The next Xbox will be 99.99 at launch and be essentially a streaming box for xbl service. Even through New TVs I think. PCs etc. All v wia windows.

Sony can't do this. And steam would kill psn. Consoles are going. Sony needs psn as a service to stay relevant in gaming or go 3rd party.

Isn't this what Sony's strategy was with indies?
As far as I can tell, most of the popular PC indies are planned for or are already released on ps4.

Good job Cold Cobra, you necrobumped a thread that had already been disproven a year ago.

Locking.