By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Playstation Vita game would do well on the 3DS?

what game would do better on the 3DS

Persona 4 106 57.30%

Dragon's Crown 20 10.81%

Little King Story 25 13.51%

Muramasa: Rebirth 7 3.78%

Machinarium 1 0.54%

Knytt 2 1.08%

even...Sly Cooper 22 11.89%

Total:183

sounds like a port-begger thread :p

anyway have both so I'm good

but on an opposite note I would've love for Shin Megami Tensei to be on the Vita!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
sounds like a port-begger thread :p

anyway have both so I'm good

but on an opposite note I would've love for Shin Megami Tensei to be on the Vita!

Not really begging for ports but there is a possiblity that since the Vita is still struggling for it's life; despite many great games that game out for the system.  The 3DS/smart devices might be a good place for these games to expand to a new audience.  I love some of the games on the Vita...but I just don't want to play them on the Vita!!!

kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

Still better than they are on the Vita though.

I made my point in my first reply. Persona 4 The Golden is a port released on the Vita while SMT4 is a new game on the 3DS.  Even with an install base that's 6.5 times the Vita install base, the fanbase for the games aren't there.  You could have a 150m fanbase, but if no one buys the game then no one buys the game. 

Persona 4 The Golden has sold .49m while SMT4 has sold .39m.

With Dragon's Crown I made a mistake and mentioned the PS3 numbers which are twice as high, not Vita, but Dragon's Crown for Vita regardless has sold more than Code of Princess.  Both are beat em ups published by Atlus.

Dragon's Crown has sold .17m while Code of Princess has sold .15m.

Really, you're comparing DC to CoP?  Look at these games and tell me who should sell better:

Code of Princess

vs

Dragon's Crown

besides there is a huge gulf between metacritic scores and media hype for the two games.

oni-link said:

Really, you're comparing DC to CoP?  Look at these games and tell me who should sell better:

Code of Princess

vs

Dragon's Crown

besides there is a huge gulf between metacritic scores and media hype for the two games.

So you're posting a picture of the graphics and saying that's the reason it would sell on the 3DS?  Yeah, maybe.  Except the game wouldn't have those kind of graphics on the 3DS.  Go watch a Rayman Origins 3DS/Vita comparison and you'll see a noticeable difference in quality.  As many effects, scrolling backgrounds, enemies, and characters onscreen at one time, the 3DS version would have to be scaled down far more than what you see on Rayman Origins. 

One of the reasons why Code of Princess actually got so many poor reviews is because the game lagged when there were a lot of enemies on screen.  That's looking as bad as it does.

kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

Code of Princess

vs

Dragon's Crown

So you're posting a picture of the graphics and saying that's the reason it would sell on the 3DS?  Yeah, maybe.  Except the game wouldn't have those kind of graphics on the 3DS.  Go watch a Rayman Origins 3DS/Vita comparison and you'll see a noticeable difference in quality.  As many effects, scrolling backgrounds, enemies, and characters onscreen at one time, the 3DS version would have to be scaled down far more than what you see on Rayman Origins. 

One of the reasons why Code of Princess actually got so many poor reviews is because the game lagged when there were a lot of enemies on screen.  That's looking as bad as it does.

Hey genius...I never said the graphics would be the reason why it would sell on the 3DS don't put words in my mouth.  DC was hyped over the gaming media as well as showing a higher production value compared to CoP.  By all accounts it SHOULD and DID sell better than CoP. Visually the 3DS should be able to handle at least to the level of Muramasa seeing that it's between Wii and the original Xbox in terms of power with more modern shaders!!!

Around the Network

I don't really get the question. All of these games would obviously sell better on 3DS simply because of the user base number difference alone....

oni-link said:

Hey genius...I never said the graphics would be the reason why it would sell on the 3DS don't put words in my mouth.

oni-link said:

F0X said:
Can't we just say that Atlus is wise to put Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS and P4 Golden on Vita? The former because SMT needs to find a wider following than before, and the latter because Persona has found its audience on Sony platforms?

I would clearly agree with that. 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The 3DS couldn't handle most Vita games.

Heck, New Little Kings Story's frame rate is ropey enough as it is on Vita.

Also generally Vita games seem to sell better than 3DS games that don't have a Nintendo logo so I don't think many would actually thrive on 3DS. Besides, I thought Vita had no games worth playing anyway? :p

*edit*

Actually, Invizimals would have a lot of potential to do well on the 3DS once the Pokemon buzz dies down.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

PSVita pets. oh wait... XD