By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Playstation Vita game would do well on the 3DS?

what game would do better on the 3DS

Persona 4 106 57.30%

Dragon's Crown 20 10.81%

Little King Story 25 13.51%

Muramasa: Rebirth 7 3.78%

Machinarium 1 0.54%

Knytt 2 1.08%

even...Sly Cooper 22 11.89%

Total:183

With the continued struggle of the Playstation Vita (less than 6 mil units 22 months after it's release) despite the numerous quality games that had released for the system I wonder what PSV game would flourish if ported to the 3DS. I for one would love to see Dragons' Crown ported to the 3DS or even Little King Story 2.  I have quite a few games on the Vita I would want to play (just not on the Vita) and I think will do well on the 3DS.  Anyone else think any other game will sell better on the 3DS than it did on the Vita?

Around the Network

Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown probably wouldn't. Persona 4 The Golden sold more than SMT4 did. Dragon's Crown sold twice as much as Code of Princess.  Little King's Story and Muramasa would have also had to be downgraded ports in order to work well on the 3DS.

If these games were multiconsole on both 3DS and Vita they definitely wouldn't because people know that Nintendo fans only buy exclusives, most of which are first party.

*edit*

Your question really doesn't matter anyways.  Here's one for you, matters just as much, or should I say just as little.  Would Shin Megami Tensei 4 sell better on the Vita than it did on the 3DS?  Since it's not a port like Persona 4 The Golden and the port sold better, I'd say yes, probably.  However just as your question doesn't matter, neither does this one.  We know these games aren't going to be on the other system so it's a moot point. We could make baseless assumptions all day long and we could be wrong if it ever did happen.

Monster Hunter oh Wait.....

OT: Gravity Rush!!!!!!

kupomogli said:

Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown probably wouldn't. Persona 4 The Golden sold more than SMT4 did. Dragon's Crown sold twice as much as Code of Princess.  Little King's Story and Muramasa would have also had to be downgraded ports in order to work well on the 3DS.

If these games were multiconsole on both 3DS and Vita they definitely wouldn't because people know that Nintendo fans only buy exclusives, most of which are first party.

Funny thing is about the 3DS is that it is not only a system for Nintendo fans.  It's actually spread across Ninty fans, mainstream gamers, casuals, and kids as it is family oriented.  I know quite a few Xbox fanboys that own the 3DS and love it for it's portability...though they would never want to own a Nintendo home console.  I know weird right?

tbone51 said:

Gravity rush would look sexy in 3D!!! MosDef one of the games doable on the 3DS as well.

Around the Network

Mortal Kombat and The Walking Dead would both be sexy in 3D, oh yeah and sell millions of copies.

kupomogli said:

*edit*

Your question really doesn't matter anyways.  Here's one for you, matters just as much, or should I say just as little.  Would Shin Megami Tensei 4 sell better on the Vita than it did on the 3DS?  Since it's not a port like Persona 4 The Golden and the port sold better, I'd say yes, probably.  However just as your question doesn't matter, neither does this one.  We know these games aren't going to be on the other system so it's a moot point. We could make baseless assumptions all day long and we could be wrong if it ever did happen.

I see no reason why Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, and Persona couldn't be done on the 3DS which has a higher install base.  It would be foolish to ignore a system with 6x the userbase of the PSV...actually irresponsible from a business standpoint.

oni-link said:
tbone51 said:

Gravity rush would look sexy in 3D!!! MosDef one of the games doable on the 3DS as well.

Gravity Daze would look like shit without Vita's sexy screen though.

snyps said:

Mortal Kombat and The Walking Dead would both be sexy in 3D, oh yeah and sell millions of copies.

oh...oh...yeah...I forgot about The Walking Dead. I've got that on my 360 but I heard it looks and plays well on those smartphones too.  Yeah MosDef will do well on the 3DS!!!

oni-link said:
kupomogli said:

*edit*

I see no reason why Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, and Persona couldn't be done on the 3DS which has a higher install base.  It would be foolish to ignore a system with 6x the userbase of the PSV...actually irresponsible from a business standpoint.

Third party sales on 3DS have been very poor though. Other than MH that is...