By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Playstation Vita game would do well on the 3DS?

what game would do better on the 3DS

Persona 4 106 57.30%

Dragon's Crown 20 10.81%

Little King Story 25 13.51%

Muramasa: Rebirth 7 3.78%

Machinarium 1 0.54%

Knytt 2 1.08%

even...Sly Cooper 22 11.89%

Total:183
ktay95 said:
oni-link said:
tbone51 said:
Monster Hunter oh Wait.....

OT: Gravity Rush!!!!!!

Gravity rush would look sexy in 3D!!! MosDef one of the games doable on the 3DS as well.

Gravity Daze would look like shit without Vita's sexy screen though.

I know...which makes me wonder why Sony changed the Vita's into that new washed out LCD screen? .  The 3DS screen while not as sexy as the OLED found on the Vita does look better in person when the 3D is turned on.

Around the Network
Purple said:
oni-link said:
kupomogli said:

Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown probably wouldn't. Persona 4 The Golden sold more than SMT4 did. Dragon's Crown sold twice as much as Code of Princess.  Little King's Story and Muramasa would have also had to be downgraded ports in order to work well on the 3DS.

If these games were multiconsole on both 3DS and Vita they definitely wouldn't because people know that Nintendo fans only buy exclusives, most of which are first party.

*edit*

Your question really doesn't matter anyways.  Here's one for you, matters just as much, or should I say just as little.  Would Shin Megami Tensei 4 sell better on the Vita than it did on the 3DS?  Since it's not a port like Persona 4 The Golden and the port sold better, I'd say yes, probably.  However just as your question doesn't matter, neither does this one.  We know these games aren't going to be on the other system so it's a moot point. We could make baseless assumptions all day long and we could be wrong if it ever did happen.

I see no reason why Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, and Persona couldn't be done on the 3DS which has a higher install base.  It would be foolish to ignore a system with 6x the userbase of the PSV...actually irresponsible from a business standpoint.

Third party sales on 3DS have been very poor though. Other than MH that is...

Still better than they are on the Vita though.

I don't think any of those games would do better on 3DS. But they would be great to have!

In general, unless it's Nintendo first party or one with a big name, games will sell better on the Vita.

oni-link said:

I made my point in my first reply. Persona 4 The Golden is a port released on the Vita while SMT4 is a new game on the 3DS.  Even with an install base that's 6.5 times the Vita install base, the fanbase for the games aren't there.  You could have a 150m fanbase, but if no one buys the game then no one buys the game. 

Persona 4 The Golden has sold .49m while SMT4 has sold .39m.

With Dragon's Crown I made a mistake and mentioned the PS3 numbers which are twice as high, not Vita, but Dragon's Crown for Vita regardless has sold more than Code of Princess.  Both are beat em ups published by Atlus.

Dragon's Crown has sold .17m while Code of Princess has sold .15m.

Around the Network

I'm with kupmogli and plus the only game that would have sold better would have been muramasa rebirth and little kings story but as for the rest they are mostly irrelevant except for persona 4 and dragons crown.

kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

I made my point in my first reply. Persona 4 The Golden is a port released on the Vita while SMT4 is a new IP on the 3DS.  Even with an install base that's 6.5 times the Vita install base, the fanbase for the games aren't there.  You could have a 150m fanbase, but if no one buys the game then no one buys the game. 

With Dragon's Crown I made a mistake and mentioned the PS3 numbers which are twice as high, not Vita, but Dragon's Crown for Vita regardless has sold more than Code of Princess.  Both are beat em ups published by Atlus.

Let him listen to what he wants to listen. It's not like it will matter in the end because we all know nintendo gamers mostly think that 3rd party games are trash as evidenced to how badly they sale even with a higher install base.

fatslob-:O said:
kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

I made my point in my first reply. Persona 4 The Golden is a port released on the Vita while SMT4 is a new IP on the 3DS.  Even with an install base that's 6.5 times the Vita install base, the fanbase for the games aren't there.  You could have a 150m fanbase, but if no one buys the game then no one buys the game. 

Let him listen to what he wants to listen. It's not like it will matter in the end because we all know nintendo gamers mostly think that 3rd party games are trash as evidenced to how badly they sale even with a higher install base.

Oh hi there Ninja..I mean fatslob, I was wondering how long it would take before you popped up?  Anyways it's not nice to generalize Nintendo gamers you know.  I for one enjoy 3rd party games as long as work is put into them.  (unfortunately most of them time 3rd parties give Nintendo systems 2nd class treatment compared to other consoles...I said most not all).

Tearaway.

oni-link said:
fatslob-:O said:
kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

Oh hi there Ninja..I mean fatslob, I was wondering how long it would take before you popped up?  Anyways it's not nice to generalize Nintendo gamers you know.  I for one enjoy 3rd party games as long as work is put into them.  (unfortunately most of them time 3rd parties give Nintendo systems 2nd class treatment compared to other consoles...I said most not all).

The fact is their both at fault. When you have ubisoft trying their best they only receive crap from wii u gamers. (Remember how splinter cell sold ? LOL) The rest of the third party also treats them like shit so it's fair enough. 

It's a pretty good generalization seeing as how the 3rd party games that the nintendo gamers enjoy are the exception not the rule.

Off-topic: Still assuming that I'm ninjablades alt ? It doesn't get any lower than that LOL.