By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Playstation Vita game would do well on the 3DS?

what game would do better on the 3DS

Persona 4 106 57.30%

Dragon's Crown 20 10.81%

Little King Story 25 13.51%

Muramasa: Rebirth 7 3.78%

Machinarium 1 0.54%

Knytt 2 1.08%

even...Sly Cooper 22 11.89%

Total:183
oni-link said:
tbone51 said:
Monster Hunter oh Wait.....

OT: Gravity Rush!!!!!!

Gravity rush would look sexy in 3D!!! MosDef one of the games doable on the 3DS as well.

3DS cannot do such open World 3D game with playable frame rates and will look ugly.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

Hey genius...I never said the graphics would be the reason why it would sell on the 3DS don't put words in my mouth.

oni-link said:

Really, you're comparing DC to CoP?  Look at these games and tell me who should sell better:

i think you missed the point of that quote. If i understood right, he is saying that there is a large gap in quality between the two games so while they are both "beat em ups by Atlus", they aren't comparable and thus saying "DC sold better than CoP" doesn't really hold any weight in comparing sales on the two consoles. He isn't saying anything about how one game would do on another console.

Hope i helped clear things up

To add to that, comparing SMTIV and Persona 4 also isn't really fair as the Persona series is infinitely more popular than mainline SMT games and even still, it is quite likely that SMTIV will end up outselling P4

oni-link said:
arcane_chaos said:
sounds like a port-begger thread :p

anyway have both so I'm good

but on an opposite note I would've love for Shin Megami Tensei to be on the Vita!

Not really begging for ports but there is a possiblity that since the Vita is still struggling for it's life; despite many great games that game out for the system.  The 3DS/smart devices might be a good place for these games to expand to a new audience.  I love some of the games on the Vita...but I just don't want to play them on the Vita!!!

was just joking about the port-begging part

@bolded: you're just gonna have to suck it up and buy a Vita, I think every gamer wishes to have a game that is not viable on their console of voice but that's what makes them and the console(s) stand out...though the Vita might not be enticing to you and it's games are not selling like hotcakes, but it's the games themselves that are doing what they are suppose to; enticing you to buy them and the provided console.

besides having a bigger audience doesn't equal success, just look at the Wii; many devs tried to get a crack at that now 100M user base and few actually did

sundin13 said:

and Persona 4 also isn't really fair as the Persona series is infinitely more popular than mainline SMT games and even still, it is quite likely that SMTIV will end up outselling P4

35m to 6m userbase so you'd have expected it to already outsell P4 (which has overperformed by the devs own expectations, just like many other Vita titles).

I wonder if SMTIV would have sold better on Vita :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

sundin13 said:
kupomogli said:
oni-link said:

Hey genius...I never said the graphics would be the reason why it would sell on the 3DS don't put words in my mouth.

oni-link said:

Really, you're comparing DC to CoP?  Look at these games and tell me who should sell better:

i think you missed the point of that quote. If i understood right, he is saying that there is a large gap in quality between the two games so while they are both "beat em ups by Atlus", they aren't comparable and thus saying "DC sold better than CoP" doesn't really hold any weight in comparing sales on the two consoles. He isn't saying anything about how one game would do on another console.

Hope i helped clear things up

To add to that, comparing SMTIV and Persona 4 also isn't really fair as the Persona series is infinitely more popular than mainline SMT games and even still, it is quite likely that SMTIV will end up outselling P4

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!!!  Exactly what my whole point was!!!  It's already shown that for some odd reason despite the Vita floundering in sales it consistently gets games with higher production value than Nintendo's blockbuster handheld.  It demented in the fact that they should develop games for both systems with the same production value.  The investment put in by 3rd party on Nintendo handheld is a joke which reflects the fans reaction  to products that are second best!!!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
oni-link said:
arcane_chaos said:
sounds like a port-begger thread :p

anyway have both so I'm good

but on an opposite note I would've love for Shin Megami Tensei to be on the Vita!

Not really begging for ports but there is a possiblity that since the Vita is still struggling for it's life; despite many great games that game out for the system.  The 3DS/smart devices might be a good place for these games to expand to a new audience.  I love some of the games on the Vita...but I just don't want to play them on the Vita!!!

was just joking about the port-begging part

@bolded: you're just gonna have to suck it up and buy a Vita, I think every gamer wishes to have a game that is not viable on their console of voice but that's what makes them and the console(s) stand out...though the Vita might not be enticing to you and it's games are not selling like hotcakes, but it's the games themselves that are doing what they are suppose to; enticing you to buy them and the provided console.

besides having a bigger audience doesn't equal success, just look at the Wii; many devs tried to get a crack at that now 100M user base and few actually did

you obviously never had the Wii...if you did you would notice the gianormous pile of crap/shovelware that 3rd party had put on the system!!!  Even Nintendo was guilty with adding shovelware to the system in the form of Wii Music!!!*shudders*

regarding the Vita...between my LG Nexus 4...Samsung Galaxy Tab...and my 3DS, I don't think I have room for the Vita in my life actually!!! My sister-in law (who works for Nvidia...I live in BayArea) just had me try the N-Shield for a few months and unfortunately don't have time and space for.  Obviously, the people have chosen their handheld of choice to go along with their smart devices.  I hope companies see that (even Sony admits it) Vita's future is bleak and should begin downporting these games to the 3DS or smart devices!!!

Persona 4, Tearaway or Sly Cooper

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
Persona 4, Tearaway or Sly Cooper

Yups...add to that Muramasa and all those JRPG's like Tales of Innocence R, Demon Gaze, Tales of Hearts R, etc... that are sure to find an audience with the 40mil 3DS owners out there!!!

oni-link said:

you obviously never had the Wii...if you did you would notice the gianormous pile of crap/shovelware that 3rd party had put on the system!!!  Even Nintendo was guilty with adding shovelware to the system in the form of Wii Music!!!*shudders*

There was also a lot of awesome software which couldn't even crack 100k.

It devestated me, I still think Wii controls have a hell of a lot of potential. Dead Space Extraction was great, sold pants. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories was possibly the best Silent Hill game there has been. You can say the same about a lot of other Wii games. Wasn't all Wii owners faults though. Developers wrote the Wii off, got caught off guard with how successful it was and had only committed the shovelware you refer to for the console.

By the time they realised it was a viable format, they needed time to make decent games for it (2+ years) leading to a massive drought. By the time the quality 3rd party releases finally hit the console, the userbase was already bitter/cynical over the shovelware.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

F0X said:
Can't we just say that Atlus is wise to put Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS and P4 Golden on Vita? The former because SMT needs to find a wider following than before, and the latter because Persona has found its audience on Sony platforms?

That's a pretty good statement. I can't really say how its sales would differ from being on the other platform. There's pros/cons to argue either.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.