By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Sold you on the WiiU?

What game sold you on the WiiU?

ZombiU 46 12.67%

New Super Mario Bros U 35 9.64%

Nintendoland 30 8.26%

Pikmin 3 49 13.50%

Sonic Lost World 11 3.03%

Mario 3D World 42 11.57%

Donkey Kong Country 7 1.93%

Lego City 6 1.65%

Zelda: Wind Waker HD 66 18.18%

Other 71 19.56%

Total:363

Pikmin 3. I bought a Wii U because of that game. Pikmin is one of my favorite all time gaming franchises, and the 3rd installment was easily the best in the series.

Around the Network

The first game I bought (Not including Nintendo Land) was Ninja Gaiden 3. No game really sold me on the system, it was mainly because it was Nintendo moving into HD and I was intrigued with the gamepad.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

JayWood2010 said:
I bought the WiiU for ZombiU and the promise of Smash Bros 4 coming

This.

Really sold me on the concept and Nintendo's direction with the system. Now if they could just reveal their 2014 line up...

Right now, not much, my Wii still makes me happy.

When X releases I'll buy a WiiU, and pick up a few quality games (like Pikmin 3) at that point. Untill then, I'll work on my Wii collection.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Zelda on wii u that's not wind waker.

Around the Network

It's not so much a single game as it was an event that sold me on the Wii U.

I talk about it at length in this thread here: UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION.

It was Microsoft & their presentation of the XBox One at E3 that got me over my anger at Wii's premature deemphasization & got me on board with Nintendo's plan for Wii U (a continuation of the plan they began with Wii).

Once that was sealed Pikmin 3 put me right over the top.
And I bought my system within days of that game's release along with other must haves like New Super Mario Bros. U & Game & Wario.
NintendoLand being packed in was a boon as well.

Soon New Super Luigi U & The Wonderful 101 underlined that I made the right purchase.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was icing on this ever-sweetening cake.

But Pikmin 3 was the game that drove me the most once XBox One awakened me to Nintendo's plan.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

"X" when that game drops I will buy a Wii U

They were practically giving them away at my local store, so it was an impulse buy back in March. Plus I just 'knew' that Metroid was being developed by Retro (lol). Man I was butthurt after E3. It still got a lot of use because it's a cool new toy and can do some great stuff. My purchase is only really justified now though with all the great games coming out.

I'll get it for Zelda, X, and Smash and hopefully a good Metroid game as well.

Project X